Need your opinion - huge scratch in leather!

MS KWIK

Established Member
Hi all,

While my car is at the dealer today, getting the electrical/starting problem fixed, I wanted to point out the huge scratch in the back seat that I found the day after I brought the car home. Obviously this was done while they were taking the plastic off the back seat. I don't imagine this can be repaired, I would think that they should replace the whole seat cover, do you guys agree? I talked to the service advisor briefly when dropping off the car on Saturday, and he said something about taking the car to "the upholstery shop," like it can be repaired. I'm going to fight this and demand an entire replacement leather cover, which the upholstery shop can install. Do you guys agree? The scratch is right in the middle of the back seat, about four inches long. I was just going to live with in, then I thought, why should I? It looks terrible!!

Shelley
'03 Cobra coupe

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I would let them try to fix it first.Give them the oppotunity and if not satisfied with the results,then ask for a new seat cover.
I had this problem on my 00LS.They let me take it to there upholstery shop.I was suprised to see how they can repair seats with all different problems,Scratches Tears..you name it.A good shop will fix it right.
best of luck!

Jim V.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I had a small cut at the top of the back seat when I picked up mine the day it was delivered. The dealer had already filled out the customer delivery check out form concerning the cut and I added a few more things. What was amazing to me is the dealer was honest enough to do this before I knew it. One of there employees had accidentally cut it when removing the plastic. BTW, The new rear seat is due in next week.

Shelley a cut all the way across sounds like a pissed off employee.

I have my first issue with mine and that is my left front fog light is taking on moisture!!!

:burnout:

:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread