Need your Help PLZ?????

AirForce Hemi

Kenne Bell FTW
Established Member
Well about a month ago my buddy and I put on my Steeda U/D Pulleys. When pressing the crank pulley on to allow the crank bolt to thread in it turned the engine maybe an inch or two. I was like WTF "I hope i didn't mess the timing up?". Threaded the crank bolt on and the other pulleys and was good to go. Connected the neg. on the batttery and jumped in the car to fire it up. It turned over a couple of times then fired up. Run and drove great. Next that night a CEL poped up. I pulled the Neg. off to see if it would reset and it did. Then happened again and did the same thing and pulled the neg. off and it went away and it has never come back. But now when the stang sits for like a day I'll jump in to fire it up and it will turn over a couple of times then fire. Like its hard for it to start? So could my timing be out a lil. If it is How do I fix it? DO I need a programer? Do I need to take it to the dealer?

Thanks for your help
Jared

spike_africa

Established Member
The pulley doesnt affect timing at all. All it does is slide onto a "keyway" on the crank that holds it in place and then takes out the vibrations from the motor. The CEL light needs to be read as it could be anything.

Users who are viewing this thread