Need you help and opinion

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
I have been noticing when the car is cold it's pretty brutal with the condensation coming out the exhaust, this time last year I drove the car down to AED drew peaked at it out side, and said it was normal when the car is cold. He was my only professional opinion so I believe him 100% all cars do it. Well this time its a little different condensation goes away after the car is fairly warm. I lost the heat inside of my car I looked at my Auto meter temp gauge which is hooked at the cross over tube and it was about 220ish, it never has gone past 180 and 210 in the summer. I then hooked up my scan tool too get a temp from the ECU it read 100-101 WTF!!!
Brain storming I was thinking maybe the thermostat went bad and was stuck closed. The reason I came to that conclusion is the has that goes from the thermostat to the engine pressurized and blew as soon as I parked my car. As you can see from the picture.

Prior just a week earlier I did a leak down test, and compression test it was perfect all the way across the board every cylinder was within 2psi of each other.

Could my head gasket be going? Or do you think I will be fine replacing the thermostat and hoses?
2.jpg

1-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Here is a video before the hose popped

th_blo206.jpg

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Well hopefully you've just got a bad reservoir/cap seal issue and are losing a little pressure and coolant like happens to many of these cars. Probably a good idea to go ahead and change the stat as well. However if you see water vapor coming out of the exhaust on a warmer day once the car is at operating temp then you've got a bigger problem.

Users who are viewing this thread