need yall opinion guys

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
Im currently trying to finish a car up for my buddy its a 96cobra ( my old roller) with a swapped (my old motor)2003 cobra motor/aode combo . The car itself has some goodies as well,(IMO, is overrated for the motor combo,but that just me!). It has the following done to the roller itself: 12 point CM cage,recaro seats,built 8.8 with 4.56 gears,spool,line lock,35 spline axles,firdle,welded tubes,aerospace rear brakes,Alimunum upper/lower control arms,wolfe double adjustable anti roll bar,coil over rear setup, anti jones tubular k-member and arms,aeromotive a1000 fuel pump/filter,sump setup,aeromotive adjustable regualtor(1000rwhp fuel system) coil over setup,aerospace fron brakes, flaming river manual race,subframes connectors welded to the cage,Weld 3.5 fronts,15 10 rears, rear seat delete. .ect.

the car has alot done and well the cobra motor is a 2004 based motor. It has a ported stage 5 steggy ported blower (eaton), richard racing 2.80 upper pulley, 4 lb lower pulley,powermaster 200amp alternator,meziere(sp) electric waterpump,accufad single blade TB,JLP intake 4in tube, SCT 2400 mass air meter, bbk long tube headers/o/r xpipe,60lb injectors,Cpr return style fuel rails with external fuel regulator, no power sterring, no manuel waterpump(electric), no AC,and a texas nitrous system 150 dry shot. The Trans is a heavly built aodE with a reverse manuel valve body from PA performance, transbrake,3500 circle D billet stall,frp alumin Driveshaft.. it has the stock ECU (04) with a diablo chip on it...

Car weighs in at 3400 with motor,auto and driver,

in yall honest opinion, what numbers should it see at the track??

hoping to surpass 10 sec.

thanks and hope to hear from yall!!!!!!

tt54l32v

Established Member
ET/MPH From Horsepower Calculators
Power to Weight Ratio: 5.96
60 Foot E.T. : 1.47
1/8 Mile E.T. : 6.67
1/8 Mile Trap Speed : 101.98
1/4 Mile E.T. : 10.56
1/4 Mile Trap Speed : 127
1/4 Mile Trap RPM : 6,946

these calculators seem close but my buddies car defies them. he has a 100 less hp but is a 100 pounds lighter and pulls 1.45's so you could prob do 1.39 or better which would drop total e.t a lot.
which should drop you down to low tens.
also i dont think your gonna need that much gear cause that trap rpm is with 28' tires

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i know someone in a convertible with a ported eaton and a 100 shot running 10.50s... but i think he was making low 600s in the rwhp department, but that was through a manual.. but his car definitely weighed more.

i could see the car running low 10s thru the auto.

Users who are viewing this thread