Need ya'all gurus advise on parts needed for auto to manual swap.

bazinga11

Established Member
How's it going good felahs? I am wanting to do auto to manual swap, and I am in need of some help with a list of parts I'd need. Would be great if someone has had a first hand experience. So far this is what I have gathered from internet:

- manual tranny
- clutch kit - discs, pressure plate, pilot bearing
- flywheel - Can I use my stock one?
- master cylinder reservoir
- slave cylinder
- brake pin,
- battery harness - is this also known as transmission harness?
- hydraulic lines
- brake-clutch pedal assembly
-maybe center console

I sourced most of my info from the following thread (http://www.fastfordmuscle.com/index...t-82-manual-conversion-project-completed.html).

1) Above swap is for a V6, I am wondering if I need extra parts since I have a V8?

2) People who did manual to auto swap (bob450's thread) also needed flex plate and shield plate. Would I need those too, or if stock ones on my car can be re-used?

I know most people say I should trade my car in for manual, and I have looked around already. There were none low mileage 6 speeds available when I purchased mine, and I don't wanna get a big chunk of negative equity if I trade my car again.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I have a clutch pedal assembly with clutch master, manual battery harness and a mt82 for sale if you are interested.

RiskyRick

Established Member
Rowing gears is more fun, but if you've already got an auto car, you'd be a lot better off with a torque converter change. My mt82 works fine, but going auto to manual in these cars is a downgrade IMO. Just saying.

bazinga11

Established Member
I know what you mean, I did think about getting a Circle D 4C, performance is not a concern to me. I DD my car quite a lot, it sort of gets annoying when your car upshifts for you when you don't want her to. The other thing is downshift when you floor it - the power comes on all too soon (nature of the beast.. in a good way), and it goes side ways. Not pretty in a congested city. I have Lund tune, needless to say my tuner isn't too happy about how anal I am about my shifts points lol

Sure I can always use select shift to manage my shifts, but it's just no fun. When I bought this car (first auto), thought I will get used to it but I ain't happening. I curse couple times a day when its shifting through gears lol most notably it will upshift at times right when I give her gas

I have made a feeler thread to see if someone wants to buy my 6R80, just so that I can use the cash towards a Tremec T-56. MT-82 is my last resort

Rowing gears is more fun, but if you've already got an auto car, you'd be a lot better off with a torque converter change. My mt82 works fine, but going auto to manual in these cars is a downgrade IMO. Just saying.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
You definitely need a new center console. People will swap with you ASAP. Find someone local. Do not swap PCMs. Keep your auto PCM and reprogram that one to Manual ASBUILT data

Users who are viewing this thread