Need wheel widening questions answered please

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Im looking at getting some 18x10 saleen wheels widened to 18x12. Just wondering a few things if you guys wouldnt mind helping me out.

1. where did you guys get your wheels widened at?

2. Since they add the space to the inside of the wheel, will the tire stick out farther or sit more inwards from the fender? I dont want the rim and tire hanging out from the fender.

3. Any rubbing issues with suspension/exhaust? I have a Mach 1 with the solid axle, and plan on running a 335, but wondering if any modifications will be needed.

4. Would any of you happen to know if there were any issues with mounting or balancing?

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

EVO-lution

Established Member

+1...it'll be $200/wheel and that includes up to 3 extra inches on the wheel.

as far as mounting i would go to a reputable shop that'll back their work up if any problems should occur. As far as balancing you really don't have to balance rear wheels. I didnt balance mine and they were fine. you're going to feel all the vibration in the fronts anyway at around 55-60mph.

You're probably going to have to run a spacer too.

Last edited:

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
+1...it'll be $200/wheel and that includes up to 3 extra inches on the wheel.

as far as mounting i would go to a reputable shop that'll back their work up if any problems should occur. As far as balancing you really don't have to balance rear wheels. I didnt balance mine and they were fine. you're going to feel all the vibration in the fronts anyway at around 55-60mph.

You're probably going to have to run a spacer too.

Well, Im a technician, so Ill be doing the mounting and balancing. Just wondering if anyone had any issues with mounting or balancing theirs.

Off the top of your head, would you happen to have a guess at how big of a spacer I would need?

EVO-lution

Established Member
i would imagine 1/4" spacer would be good. I think people have gotten away with a 3/8" spacer. I remember seeing a post about it. I did a search on here and came across it cause I was planning on the same thing. only with 11" rears not 12".

Users who are viewing this thread