Need vin # to buy a 03/04 rear cobra bumper from ford

LU'S 99COBRA

Established Member
Anybody want to help me I have a 99cobra but don't like the mustang rear bumper it currently has ford told me I need a vin number from a 03/04 to place a order on a 03/04 cobra rear bumper. If I gI've ford the vin to my cobra they'll give me he mustang rear bumper can anyone please help with this I would be most thankful

RichM1983

Established Member
Here is a tip if you insist on buying from Ford. Go on eBay and look at 03 Cobras for sale. The auctions have the VIN number listed.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
why would they care for the Vin? Or is the Parts guy to lazy to look it up by application?

cj428mach

Established Member
Hmmm I just got a brand new 03/04 cobra bumper from the dealership to have as a spare within the last year and no vin # needed. I wonder if that means there are very few left, kinda like GT super car coil covers.

Zemedici

Established Member
Hmmm I just got a brand new 03/04 cobra bumper from the dealership to have as a spare within the last year and no vin # needed. I wonder if that means there are very few left, kinda like GT super car coil covers.

I just ordered GT coil covers last week. The Memphis PDC showed like 1100 of them. They just require the VIN because Ford wants GT parts to go to GT owners. It's not due to limited supply

And the cobra bumpers won't ever be like that. It was just a lazy or inexperienced parts guy

cj428mach

Established Member
I just ordered GT coil covers last week. The Memphis PDC showed like 1100 of them. They just require the VIN because Ford wants GT parts to go to GT owners. It's not due to limited supply

And the cobra bumpers won't ever be like that. It was just a lazy or inexperienced parts guy

They must have gotten another shipment in a year or so ago there was only like 250 coil covers left, I can't believe they made anymore.

LU'S 99COBRA

Established Member
I guess it was just a lazy parts guy or something and thanks for the part number I think that was it. According to Ford In a couple of more years the ORGINIAL molds to all these will soon go away and not be made anymore not even on order just because there so old.

LU'S 99COBRA

Established Member
image.jpg

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Just sent you my VIN, Address, and Garage Code. I always leave the keys in ignition so have at it.

On a serious note I think the dealer wants the VIN just to verify its for the correct car. You can get on Autotrader or Ebay and get one. When I ordered my Ford GT coil covers I had to supply a VIN, I just used one from autotrader and no questions were asked.

Users who are viewing this thread