NEED VALVE SPRINGS!!!! CROWER 84710 or 84711!!!

KosherCobra

Established Member
Well everything is just about ready except a backorder from Crower!!! The cams are useless without the springs.

Here's the list that I hit so far and no shot until mid May. I'm starting to go through serious Cobra withdrawl!!!

Crower, Summit, SHM & JDM.

Any suggestions?????

I got this thing together!!!!

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by KosherCobra
Well everything is just about ready except a backorder from Crower!!! The cams are useless without the springs.

Here's the list that I hit so far and no shot until mid May. I'm starting to go through serious Cobra withdrawl!!!

Crower, Summit, SHM & JDM.

Any suggestions?????

I got this thing together!!!!

I ordered spring/retainer kit 84710 from VT Engines. Try them.

MJ

KosherCobra

Established Member
got a web address? I just went on RPM outlet and placed an order but didn't give my CC #. I enclosed in the comment that I will give my CC# once I know it's not back ordered. They are open on Saturday at 10:00, so I will be giving them a call at 10:01!!!!

coleman

Established Member
KosherCobra, I just got my shipment from JDM ... I hope they include springs -- I haven't opened it yet.

Why does such a small difference in lift require a whole new set of springs -- wouldn't it be within tolerance of our stock springs?

trey193

Established Member
Not all about lift, ramp speed and a more aggressive lobe is what requires a better spring.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the fr500 cam&valvetrain kit is a damn good buy for the money, if you need real valves too.

to say that lift doesnt affect spring choice is to forget all about coil bind.

one of the first threads on the corral's mod tech forum used to be boss331's sticky post on how to set up a modular cylinder head.

Users who are viewing this thread