Need Traction!

Cobra EssVeeTee

Established Member
hey guys, i have an 04 cobra, pretty much stock. I have jlt cai, and bassani o/r x pipe with borla stingers, and subframes, thats about it. I plan on running 17x9 in the front and 17x10.5 in rear, im trying to get better traction, i know im not running a ton of hp, but i don t want traction to be a problem at all, after i buy tires i plan on running a pulley and tune. Can anyone help me out of tire size for better traction? and any other suggestion appreciated. -thanks. :-D

mach1033

Established Member
I would get the toyo R888's. They will give you both traction and handling. 275 40 17 for the front and 315 35 17 for the tears. Be happy you don't have 18 inch rims or you would be paying big money for these.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
If type in the search function toyo r888's best tires I ever used you will see pics of these tires

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
hey guys, i have an 04 cobra, pretty much stock. I have jlt cai, and bassani o/r x pipe with borla stingers, and subframes, thats about it. I plan on running 17x9 in the front and 17x10.5 in rear, im trying to get better traction, i know im not running a ton of hp, but i don t want traction to be a problem at all, after i buy tires i plan on running a pulley and tune. Can anyone help me out of tire size for better traction? and any other suggestion appreciated. -thanks. :-D

You really need to be concerned with two things: tire compound and IRS efficiency. Tires should be a primary concern of yours. The lower the traction rating number of the tire, the better.

Secondly, even the best tire, with the best traction, will not be able to do much for you until you raise the efficiency level of the IRS. That will require you to erradiacate all of the rubber out of the entire IRS at the minimum.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread