Need to stop the wheel hop!

Quasar Z

Established Member
Has anybody done the rear bushings (Bruce's kit) in their IRS and still had wheel hop? I would really rather not do an SRA conversion but I am sick of the wheel hop on my car. I would also rather not do the bushings and then end up going to a SRA if it still hops. I currently have the MM diff bushings, H&R race springs and a 4.10 gear (I will be switching to a 3.73 since the 4.10 is too much with the Kenne Bell and 600 rwhp).

I know there are many that are against the SRA conversion...it really doesn't matter to me, as I am going to enjoy this car without worrying about the next owner. If I can cure the hop with the IRS in place I am willing, I just don't want to have a ton of time and money in the IRS and then still convert to the SRA down the road. Any input from those with experience would be greatly appreciated.

Jefe

Established Member
What tires are you running? Sticky tires solved all my wheel hop but I only have 423rwhp. Where in AZ are you? Our roads suck....

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I'm wondering this too, if anyone pushing alot of power had all their problems solved just with Bruces kit.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I'm running a little over 600RWHP and have Bruce's IRS Bushing Kit installed on my Cobra. It stopped the hop...:thumbsup:

Quasar Z

Established Member
What tires are you running? Sticky tires solved all my wheel hop but I only have 423rwhp. Where in AZ are you? Our roads suck....

I have Nitto NT555 R2's on the car now in 305/35/18's. The wheel hop got much worse with the addition of the Kenne Bell and the additional horsepower. I hate to think of dropping a ton of money into an SRA when I could change the bushings out in a weekend, I just want to make sure I am not throwing money and time into the wind.

I live out in Gilbert...most or the roads out here aren't too bad.

Rock SVT

Established Member
The lowering springs make the biggest difference. Going from stock springs to lowering springs is like flipping a switch.

RussZTT

Established Member
I have never even smoked the tires from a stand still before in my Cobra. :shrug:
I know 2nd gear at any speed is useless for me and I have never experienced wheel hop. I just have Sport springs stock IRS.

Users who are viewing this thread