Need to replace bolts for front sway bar brackets?

txrunner

Established Member
I need some help. The PO removed the front sway bar, bolts & endlinks. I got a new sway bar & endlinks but the bolts to connect it to the crossmember are missing. I need to get some but cannot find any info on them. Does anyone have a part number or some lying around?

Do I need to drop the crossmember to put the bolts in or can I do it with the crossmember on the car?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems to be dependent on on year model. Looks like Ford part no. W711368-S439 might work on all models. Do you know if the radiator support bracket is still original or has it been replaced with aftermarket? Could make a difference if these work or not. You should not need to remove the radiator support to install bolts for the sway bar.

Last edited:

txrunner

Established Member
The radiator support is stock. I saw that part # for the rear sway bar but wasen't sure if it is used in the front too.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The radiator support is stock. I saw that part # for the rear sway bar but wasen't sure if it is used in the front too.
I see that. Perhaps you need to check with Ford. I see that bolt on the front suspension on Tasca's site. I'm familiar with both bolts and I'm not sure they're even the same diameter, much less length.

txrunner

Established Member
Well, I know now why the front swaybar was deleted.... I have a 3.4 whipple with the engine lowered / k-member spacers. I guess that there needs to be a spacer to use the swaybar with this set up. Has anyone done this & have pics?

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I have not done it, but it doesn't appear difficult to install. Besides the four K-member spacers, you should also have spacers installed on the transmission cross brace to keep proper drivetrain alignment. Then the radiator support also has two spacers that appear to go between the frame and support bracket. Two popular kits are linked below in case you do not have all the parts:

Whipple 07-14 GT500 K-Member Spacer kit / Black / **Does not include motor mounts**

https://billetproshop.com/shop/ols/products/bps-2005-2014-mustang-engine-lowering-kit

Users who are viewing this thread