Need to know...

Shelbyman

Established Member
I would like to know if anyone has removed the plastic trunk panel and can tell me how the GT 350 emblem is attached. Wanted to know if the emblem is located with a couple of pins on the back of it? I know on the GT's that the GT emblem is located with 4 plastic rivets that go through the plastic panel and then are melted to keep the emblem tight. The other way they could be attached is with 3M double sided body mounting tape. I seriously doubt this is how they are put on. Help is appreciated. :shrug:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

Shelbyman

Established Member
Thanks for posting the pics. I was thinking this was something close to how they would be attached. Now I have to decide if I want to remove the trunk panel to get at it. Thanks again.

Shelbyman

Established Member
What are you trying to do?

Well I have a couple extra factory trunk panels as well as a carbon fiber panel. I was thinking I might like to put the stock non R GT 350 emblem on the carbon panel and install it. I would have to remove the stock emblem and grind down the pins to make it flat and use 3M body attachment tape to put it on the panel. I sure don't want to drill any holes in the carbon panel. I've worked with the carbon panel so it fits really nicely now. Took a bit of doing. Really is a nice look and the dust doesn't show nearly as bad as it does on the stock shinny plastic panel. I did this on my 15 GT and it looked great but that car was the darker Guard green color. Ideally I would like to purchase just the emblem so if I did this I could put the stock panel away intact. When I tried to do that with the GT emblem Ford didn't sell it that way...only came with the panel for only $620+ A sweet deal...:fm:

Users who are viewing this thread