Need to get new exhuast looking for extremly loud!

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I had the m55's which when I went to a solid rear just took the pipes of and ran it like dumps. I got pulled over for it and got a repair order saying i have to pipe it out the rear. I've had slp and flowmasters before but nothing has compaired to the sound of the m55's. I was wondering what would compare to the m55's in a solid axle exhuast set-up? I'm looking for it to be loud but have a nice rumble to it like the m55's. To me the slp had like a rip to it not a roar of what I like. Please help me figure this out?

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You need the 96-98 Cobra Magnapack c/b from Magnaflow coupled with a o/r pipe which sounds like you already have. That's your ticket.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
FR500 exhaust? a friend has that on his 03 but im not sure if they make it for a solid axle rear end.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Thanks for the replies but I actauly was able to get it customly piped to fit the solid rear. I didn't think we could do this at first but it looks more promising now and i'll ginf out thursday when I take the car in to get it done.

NateV8

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
FR500 exhaust? a friend has that on his 03 but im not sure if they make it for a solid axle rear end.

He said he wanted loud, and that is the quietest catback you can get. And they will not fit with IRS.

Users who are viewing this thread