Need to find a RestoMod C2 Corvette

Jefe

Established Member
I've got a friend that's itching for a restomod C2 Corvette. Convertible manual trans 1963 to 1967 in black but would consider white and maybe red. No crazy amount of HP, just a clean restomod he can get in and enjoy without the upkeep.

Price is not really a concern as he is expecting to spend $100K+. Where should I be looking for this unicorn?

Something like this: http://davidsclassiccars.com/chevrolet/108744-1965-corvette-ls-powered-tube-chassis.html

Or this but in a convertible: https://www.ebay.com/itm/273115771526

Does Heartland do a quality build? Im talking with them currently

www.heartlandcustoms.us

CV355

_
Established Member
Finding a completed one (or nearly complete) is going to cost a fortune. If It was me, and my money, I would do some digging in auto blogs, see if anyone has an existing project they're sick of. Restomod is so subjective to personal taste that I would imagine you wouldn't want a completed one simply because it's "done."

That's actually how I found my '69 Mach 1 (granted it's a resto and not a resto-mod).

Racingjunk used to have a pretty good selection of restored / partially restored projects.

tistan

Established Member
Since it is so hard to find, woudn't it make sense to find one with a nice body and interior and then drop it on an a different chassis and engine? Just looking at what weatherman posted up, it seems you can get a clean c2 for $50-65k. I can't imagine a chassis and engine would run more than $30k

Jefe

Established Member
my pops has one. Does it need to be manual ?
Thats what he wants but Im sure he could be persuaded to go Auto for the right car
Finding a completed one (or nearly complete) is going to cost a fortune. If It was me, and my money, I would do some digging in auto blogs, see if anyone has an existing project they're sick of. Restomod is so subjective to personal taste that I would imagine you wouldn't want a completed one simply because it's "done."
That's actually how I found my '69 Mach 1 (granted it's a resto and not a resto-mod).
Racingjunk used to have a pretty good selection of restored / partially restored projects.
Since it is so hard to find, woudn't it make sense to find one with a nice body and interior and then drop it on an a different chassis and engine? Just looking at what weatherman posted up, it seems you can get a clean c2 for $50-65k. I can't imagine a chassis and engine would run more than $30k
This has been a dream car for about 20 years and he is planning spending a fortune. He doesn't want to deal with the hassle of a build and picking out parts unless it can be done quickly

Heartland wants a minimum of $160K but I imagine its a 6 month+ build

Zemedici

Established Member

wut.

@Jefe, that red car you posted is beautiful...

Contact Streetside Classics
https://www.streetsideclassics.com/

RX1Cobra

Established Member
C2 is hands down the best of all the Vettes. A 67 tri-power 427 is a dream car of mine. Be sure to post pics of whatever he does get.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I can give you the name of a builder that could build him one. Let me know if you need the info. He has built several high end cars of all makes and models with a 60s vet being one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread