Need to cut down on brake dust with these white wheels....

Bingo13

Established Member
Carbotech Bobcats, will still give you better stopping power than stock and almost zero dust. They work great when cold also. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
What do you recommend?

Well I was using Wizards liq and then detail spray. Now I have swapped to using Zaino. Mainly because when I wax the car I have left over Zaino with Hardner and it ahs to be used up or thrown out. I Have to admit though the Zaino seems to help when you wipe off the dust

The Zaino Z6 spray works good for cleaning after the base coat of zaino with hardner is on.

The Wizards seen to be good also for wheel "Syn". I use the wizards spray allot on the wheels after because of price. This is all just my opinion and what I found threw trial and cleaning & cleaning and more dang cleaning lol

Hope it works let me know

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
Carbotech Bobats, will still give you better stopping power than stock and almost zero dust. They work great when cold also. :thumbsup:

Wasnt there a brake pad shoot out in 5.0 or in MM&FF talked about stopping and dust dont forget noise & abrasive to disc

Where can you buy or look up infor on those Bingo?And where do you find those hawk pads?

NCStanger

Established Member
Hey SaleenCobra, was curious if you had a large picture of your car you could post or send me. I also have the Oxford White Cobra and almost got some white wheels. I'm sure it probably looks sweet! Thanks, Adam

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Here you go.

2003-8-29__3_.JPG

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Wasnt there a brake pad shoot out in 5.0 or in MM&FF talked about stopping and dust dont forget noise & abrasive to disc

Where can you buy or look up infor on those Bingo?And where do you find those hawk pads?

You can get the Bobcats directly from Carbotech(p/n D412 front and the D627 rear) . I highly suggest the SBS Pro Touring for the street and they will not dust anymore than the OEM rear pads along with offering better performance than the Bobcats. Carbotech offers the Panther series which is almost equal to the SBS pads in my experience.
You can jump up to the SBS Pro Race, Porterfield R4-S, or Carbotech Panther Plus for better performance (auto-x, light ot)but you will be defeating your goal of less dust by a wide margin. ;-)

You can get the Hawks or SBS pads at Tirerack. I stay away from the Hawks due to rotor wear.

Users who are viewing this thread