Need To Change Spark Plug Wires!

NeckBreaker

My signature sucks! ^
Established Member
That shows how much I know, see an old LS1 guy tries to convert and gets lost in the mix of things. If it wasn't for pimprohr and the rest of you guys I would have turned my truck into one of those things we make fun of on ebay. Minus the Flames, and whatever that thing was that was silver and hacked up..J/K

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
PimpRohr said:
Cruising along...I haven't had time to get on here in the past few days so I have to make up for it. :pepper:
your catching up to me...Yeah you have coilpacks not wires

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
NeckBreaker said:
That shows how much I know, see an old LS1 guy tries to convert and gets lost in the mix of things. If it wasn't for pimprohr and the rest of you guys I would have turned my truck into one of those things we make fun of on ebay. Minus the Flames, and whatever that thing was that was silver and hacked up..J/K

you get like 10 free dumb ?'s when you're new. after that its fair game to :burn: :kaboom:

fixious SVT

Which way?
Established Member
those coil packs are pretty expensive too. the shop thought that one of my coils was bad and it was going to cost about $130 to get one new one. just imagine if it was all 8. ouch!

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
NeckBreaker said:

Plus you might have ended up with a Cobra R hood. :poke: Wouldn't want that.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
fixious SVT said:
those coil packs are pretty expensive too. the shop thought that one of my coils was bad and it was going to cost about $130 to get one new one. just imagine if it was all 8. ouch!

NAPA = $64.99
:thumbsup:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Plus you might have ended up with a Cobra R hood. :poke: Wouldn't want that.

Brutal! ;)

Note to self: When posting pics of new R hood in future, iggy Mr. Nelson. :D

Stewart

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
On the coilpacks - you can check them to see if they are good or need replaced. You measure the resistance on the primary side and on the secondary side of each pack. The resistace has to fall within a certain range for the coil pack to function properly. I don't recall the values, but the Ford FSM may have them or someone checking this MAY post them. I'll look though my FSM when I get a chance.

Herb

Users who are viewing this thread