Need to buy a flywheel, and I'm lost. Help please...

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
I'm about to buy a new clutch and flywheel from Summit, and I've decided on the King Cobra FRPP clutch. I want to get a Fidanza flywheel to go along with it, and when I search for flywheels for a 97, all it comes up with is this,
which it says is for an 8.5-9.5 inch clutch disc diameter. I'm guessing that it will NOT work with the 10.5 inch King Cobra clutch that I want?

If it truely does not work, would I need to get something like this
to work with my clutch?

I've never really looked into this before, it's a bitch lol

thanks in advance guys!

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
That 2nd flywheel you posted is for a 302. When I bought my Fidanza flywheel there was a guy selling them on ebay......I think I got it for around $275. Might wanna shop around.

c9obr6a

Established Member
I have a 11" used flywheel just reground missing 1 of three dowel pins $100 + shipping. And you want a 10.5 flywheel for that clutch call d&d perfomance. Pm me if you like ?

Helomech74

Established Member
If you get a Fidanza or Spec flywheel it will be made to work with both 10.5" and 11" clutches. It has mount holes on it for both. Also, make sure you get one with an 8bolt crank if you have a cobra.

DTB

Established Member
i have the ford racing aluminum flywheel. the 11in one they used on the cobra R. fits beautifully. M-6375-R00

Eddie Z

Established Member
I would look into an RPS flywheel. That's what I bought for my car, and was suggested to me by Jay Meagher from Real Street Performance. The RPS flywheel uses segmented wear surfaces to prevent warpage often found in flywheels which use the traditional one piece ring. They offer both 10.5 and 11 inch applications...
http://www.turboclutch.com/flywheel.html

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I should have just called my shop to begin with... they get new Fidanzas from the manufacturer for $275! That's a FTW if I ever heard of one!

Users who are viewing this thread