Need to borrow/rent a pulley puller

shznit

shznit
Established Member
BTW... I was going to check Reichard Racing's website & compare the pulley.. it's been down for almost a week now. Anyone know what's going on over there?

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Hey 03CONVTORCH... you're getting ready to put the ported blower on right? What did you end up doing for gaskets & bolts?

Oxford Snake

Established Member
shznit said:
Hey 03CONVTORCH... you're getting ready to put the ported blower on right? What did you end up doing for gaskets & bolts?

Call Steve@ Tousley Ford [email protected]

Complete (inlcuding lower intake/head gaskets) are $60 set. Intercooler bolts are like $8 set.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
shznit said:
BTW... I was going to check Reichard Racing's website & compare the pulley.. it's been down for almost a week now. Anyone know what's going on over there?

Unfortuantley, I read that Reichard Racing went out of business about two weeks ago....

I would search the boards for a pic....

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
You dont need to replace your gaskets, only if you bend or break them. I had him buy the blower to manifold (metal) gasket just in case we bend it up. He ordered a new TB, so that one came with it.

Rick

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Yeah I was planning on being careful. But wanted the gaskets there just in case something didn't come off right and didn't want the car to be down. The intercooler bolts I read I should replace anyway. For $69, it's cheap insurance I figured. Wonder if they're available locally? I didn't have the part #s to call my local sources at Ford. Pretty much if I don't put it on this weekend, it'll have to wait till the car is out of the body shop. And I work the following Sat. so that will be tough as well.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Just so you know, the chances of mangling it up are slim, I have only had to replace 1 gasket out of the 15+ swaps

Rick

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
Ric, those bolts that came back from steg's with the plenum studs are those the intercooler bolts Dave is speaking of?

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
shznit said:
Intercooler bolts came new from Stegg's and gasket like Ric said got the one for blower to manifold in case he needed it. All blower bolts I replaced with chrome allen head cap screws, along with the nuts for the throttle body and plenum.

shznit

shznit
Established Member
So pretty much if I keep it nice & easy, I should be ok. And that would leave me only needing the Gold coolant from Ford & the intercooler bolts. I bought this from a private party, so no intercooler bolts came with it. I could order from Steggy or check locally.

Are you guys doing the Even Flow cooling mod while the blower is off?

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
shznit said:
So pretty much if I keep it nice & easy, I should be ok. And that would leave me only needing the Gold coolant from Ford & the intercooler bolts. I bought this from a private party, so no intercooler bolts came with it. I could order from Steggy or check locally.

Are you guys doing the Even Flow cooling mod while the blower is off?
What this Even Flow cooling mod you speak of?

shznit

shznit
Established Member
http://www.evenflowcooling.com/

Take a look. It's the cooling mod that you can do & is recommended while the blower is off. The other cooling mod from LDC is one you have to remove the transmission for. Either one is good, but since you're going to have the blower off it would be easy to do then.

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
shznit said:
http://www.evenflowcooling.com/

Take a look. It's the cooling mod that you can do & is recommended while the blower is off. The other cooling mod from LDC is one you have to remove the transmission for. Either one is good, but since you're going to have the blower off it would be easy to do then.
You know I looked at it and tell you the truth I have never had a temp problem....Looks like a great product...To late swap out tommorrow.

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Its not so much for overheating, rather than when the hp starts getting up there the worry is insufficient flow to the drivers side head. Lots of posts on here about it. Its probably more of an issue with the KB/Whipple guys, but with the ported blower we're getting up there with heat issues.

Food for thought.. lemme know how the install goes.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
I think that its ugly, I would rather do the LDC one if I had to do any. If you need some bolts, call up Steig and get the size then go to ACE or FASTENAL and get the right ones.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread