need to add more power from stock and need suggestions

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I need to replace my TOB/clutch so I decided to do a little upgrading for some more power and here is what I am thinking of.
LFP Power Pulley Package -
- LFP QC Upper Pulley Kit
- LFP QC Upper Auxiliary Idler Package
- LFP QC Lower Crank Pulley Kit
- Your Choice of a 2#,4#,6#,or 8# Pulley Ring
- 14mm Hex Head Tool
- Allen Bolt Hardware
- Proper Sized Alternator Pulley

Note sure what size to go with on the upper and lower.

Porting the blower - Not sure how much to port from Steigmister(sp?)

Dyno tune by local shot - Injected Engineering

I already have K&N FIPK kit and MRT Mid Pipe and Flowmaster American Thunder. Also, Canton Overflow Tank w/SuperCharger coolant tank.

How much power do you think this will add?

I would like to get to 500 if possible. Anything else you recommend?

Thanks!
:rockon:

GetBitBiatch

Is that your gf's car?
Established Member
To get to 500hp you'll more than likely need to get the Eaton ported along with 2.8 upper pulley and 2 or 4# lower with a good tune. I would add a bigger Heat Exchanger as well. Without getting it ported you would probably get into the 480-490 range.

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
If you can afford it I think I would check out the price of a whipple or kenne bell. I'm not sure what the price of everything your doing is but check out the price on a new whipple or a used one before you do anything.I think whipple has a carb number too which is nice. Just my 2cents.

kens88gt

Established Member
As soon as I get the $, I am getting the whipple. Do you know if the K&N FIPK will support the whipple?

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I would like to get the whipple but I just want to get to 500 or a little over. I don't see the need for the whipple in that case. I am putting most of my money into my truck. I am replacing my 4.3 with a 383 stroker. This is going into a lifted S-10.

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Don't forget fuel and air upgrades - talk to your tuner and see what they recommend. Most ported, upper, and lower cars require these upgrades.

04Sonic

Established Member
At or over 500hp you will need 60lb injectors,fuel pump over 500hp will be about 98% duty cycle so you may or may not need a bap. 2.76 upper, 2lb lower, a dual pass HE is in order. Steg ported blower, tb and plenum.

sltblock

Established Member
I second (04 Sonic) mine was about maxed out with out a ported SC (fuel preasure, injectors) (stockers)at 472 HP and a new heat exchanger is a must with a good tune.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Thanks everyone for your help. The car will hopefully go to the shop next week and have the work done. It looks like a spec 2+ clutch package, LFP power pulley, ported blower and throttle body, heat exchanger, new injectors, fuel pump and a dyno tune.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I am thinking 2.93 upper/4 lower. With ported blower and throttle body, heat exchanger, new injectors, fuel pump and a dyno tune. Anyone have any ideas on what kind of power that my car will make?

--Thanks!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Oh I'd say around 500/500 or so. Don't forget about the Mass Air Meter though.

Users who are viewing this thread