Need tire mounting advice

Poppacapp

Established Member
Howdy,

Just ordered me a set of 15x10 Darkstars, and getting ready to order a set of MT ET Street Pro's 275/60-15 x275 tire.

Can I have any tire shop mount these up? or should I look for a performance shop?

I read somewhere about glue? Do they need to glue these tire beads to the rim?

Thanks in advance for the advice. :rockon:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I've mounted tires with tall sidewalls in my garage using a piece of carpet on the floor and tire tools with some soapy water. Back in the day we used sheetmetal screws to secure them to the rim, there might be a tricker way to do it these days..like a bead lock.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I've mounted tires with tall sidewalls in my garage using a piece of carpet on the floor and tire tools with some soapy water. Back in the day we used sheetmetal screws to secure them to the rim, there might be a tricker way to do it these days..like a bead lock.

Thanks.. yeah I read about the screws and beadlocks. At my power levels, I shouldnt need none of that stuff. I didn't know if gluing the bead would be the preferred method, or just a standard tire mounting at a tire shop. I will probably just go to local shop and let them mount them.

Users who are viewing this thread