Need suspension and wheel suggestions

BennyBoy

Established Member
Alright, my car currently has a QA1 tubular k-member and control arms, 8.8 SRA, Strange coilovers in front with QA1 shocks and V6 springs in back. The car hooks decent on 18" BFG Drag Radials and sits pretty low. The front end is just too noisy for my tastes and I'm looking to replace it with something street friendly that still is good at the track. I'm leaning towards stock k-member and Ford Racing control arms but would like opinions. I also need suggestions for the suspension as the coilovers are probably coming off. I'm going to switch over to a slick and skinny setup and run it full time.

So, in a short version, I need suggestions for my suspension and wheels/tires for a good strip setup that is quiet and comfy on the street. Handling isn't an issue. Straight line only.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
We cant judge how noisy it is over the net but it is known that coil overs are nosier. Iv'e heard that some coil over shocks/struts are better than others though....

BennyBoy

Established Member
It's VERY noisy. The coilovers groan occasionally but that's not too big of a deal. The QA1 k-member rattles so much over railroad tracks that you'd swear the wheels are about to fall off. I'm just looking for a nice street/strip setup that isn't noisy, even if I have to use the stock k member.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
It's VERY noisy. The coilovers groan occasionally but that's not too big of a deal. The QA1 k-member rattles so much over railroad tracks that you'd swear the wheels are about to fall off. I'm just looking for a nice street/strip setup that isn't noisy, even if I have to use the stock k member.

Full maximum motorsports set up. You'll get a NVH increase by going to the tubular k-member, but who cares. It shouldn't sound like the car is coming apart though.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Full maximum motorsports set up. You'll get a NVH increase by going to the tubular k-member, but who cares. It shouldn't sound like the car is coming apart though.
Don't take it as a sleight, but do you have a MM set up with K member? I'm interested because I have been considering their set up...

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Don't take it as a sleight, but do you have a MM set up with K member? I'm interested because I have been considering their set up...

Literally made the purchase a few days ago from lethal and CJ (coil overs, rack bushings, and brake lines from lethal. K-member, camber plates, a-arms from CJ, struts from MM). A little frustrating to deal with lethal when buying MM stuff, but with free shipping, no sales tax and forum and military discounts, it's not bad. I told them the specs for the kit I needed in the remarks on the purchase page and now I'm playing email tag with them because I'm deployed and can't call. I rode in a full MM derlin front suspension and FTBR derlin rear suspension with coil overs of 600 front / 375 rear and bilstein sport shocks over leave. It was absolutely the business. Slight increase in wind noise at freeway speeds and NVH was up just a hair from my cobra on bumpy streets(I have no IRS counter weight, aluminum driveshaft, ftbr solid mounted diff, cheap nexus n3000 tires that came with the car). Smooth pavement there was actually a better ride than mine. I only think the small increase in NVH was noticeable because the car was stock headers and x with flowmasters welded in. My new ARH headers and x with a bassani catback will take care of that slight increase in NVH. Hope this helps

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Literally made the purchase a few days ago from lethal and CJ (coil overs, rack bushings, and brake lines from lethal. K-member, camber plates, a-arms from CJ, struts from MM). A little frustrating to deal with lethal when buying MM stuff, but with free shipping, no sales tax and forum and military discounts, it's not bad. I told them the specs for the kit I needed in the remarks on the purchase page and now I'm playing email tag with them because I'm deployed and can't call. I rode in a full MM derlin front suspension and FTBR derlin rear suspension with coil overs of 600 front / 375 rear and bilstein sport shocks over leave. It was absolutely the business. Slight increase in wind noise at freeway speeds and NVH was up just a hair from my cobra on bumpy streets(I have no IRS counter weight, aluminum driveshaft, ftbr solid mounted diff, cheap nexus n3000 tires that came with the car). Smooth pavement there was actually a better ride than mine. I only think the small increase in NVH was noticeable because the car was stock headers and x with flowmasters welded in. My new ARH headers and x with a bassani catback will take care of that slight increase in NVH. Hope this helps

My wifes Cobra has this same setup...my stock suspension was crap compared to this

Users who are viewing this thread