Need Suggestions on Engine Build

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hello everyone,

So about 8 months ago I was driving my car on the fwy, exited the fwy and on the off ramp the motor seized. Now it's time to get the car up and running again. I would like suggestions on some good set ups for building a new motor. Which rods and pistons do you guys recommend and what compression ratio to go with. It's mostly going to be on 91 but will also have a E85 tune. I've also been thinking about doing 100 shot on top.

Current mods are full 3" stainless works exhaust system with long tubes. Fore hat with twin GT pumps, -8 feed line, 63lbs injectors. JLT intake, 2.6L Kenne Bell, Accufab wide oval TB, and a couple other things I'm forgetting.

Thanks everyone!

-Cesar

mach1033

Established Member
What caused the engine failure? I would get a better fuel system if you really plan on E-85 along with a 100 shot. Stock crank is plenty strong. The stock rods are strong as well. Pistons you have good options like diamond or Manley to name two. Use all arp 2000 bolts. Cams and head porting would be ideal at this point being that the motor is out but that will add 4000 to your build cost. Stock 4.6 block is plenty strong as well but if your block is toast then a boss 5.0 would be a nice upgrade. Or go with a reman long block if your on a budget and keep it simple. Good luck with which ever way you choose.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What caused the engine failure? I would get a better fuel system if you really plan on E-85 along with a 100 shot. Stock crank is plenty strong. The stock rods are strong as well. Pistons you have good options like diamond or Manley to name two. Use all arp 2000 bolts. Cams and head porting would be ideal at this point being that the motor is out but that will add 4000 to your build cost. Stock 4.6 block is plenty strong as well but if your block is toast then a boss 5.0 would be a nice upgrade. Or go with a reman long block if your on a budget and keep it simple. Good luck with which ever way you choose.

Oil starvation. Motor manage to burn about 3 1/2 quarts of oil withing 3k miles of driving. I plan on doing a return style fuel system after it's back up and running. I was thinking of doing cams but just don't think $2k for cams and springs is worth the 20hp. Heads will be getting a light port and polish. I'll be sure to use all ARP hardwear. Thanks for the suggestions

Ourobos

Established Member
I'm redoing mine, using the stock crank and rods, and Diamond pistons. Upgraded heads to 2005 Aviator while I was in there..

Ourobos

Established Member
I went with a -10.5cc Diamond, will put me about 9.5:1. I'll be running the stock blower with a 2.8" upper. Full exhaust is about my only other mod. I'll be running 93 and a dyno tune.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I went with a -10.5cc Diamond, will put me about 9.5:1. I'll be running the stock blower with a 2.8" upper. Full exhaust is about my only other mod. I'll be running 93 and a dyno tune.

I'm thinking of bumping my compression ratio up to 10.0:1

Users who are viewing this thread