need spring detailing advice

cadde300

Established Member
I have an 04 GT that is sonic blue. I love the car and don't drive much but want the best shine possible. I know that when I wash it next time I"m gonna throw everything in and do it all. i am going to claybar the car I know that. For a swirl remover I have 3m's swirl remover. Is it better to do that by hand or by an orbital buffer(cheapo)? I know I should invest in a PC. Next I want to put on a good polish but am not sure with what I need to use. I know that some of these are better for certain colors etc. Do I want a polish or glaze? what do I want. With this in mind I want something that will go well with my NXT wax. How many coats of the polish or glaze is best? I plan on at least two coats of the nxt. Thanks in advance.

spree

Established Member
Sonic blue, eh? Definitely buy a PC. Here's what I'd try...

Wash
Clay
PB SSR2.5/SSR1
Clearkote VM
Wax (go with a good carnauba...Clearkote CMW, S100, P21S, PB EX, PB Natty's would all be excellent choices)

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
on my 03 (sonic blue ) here's the steps I take but I have a PC
1. wash
2. clay
3. PB SSR 2.5
4. PB SSR 1
5. CC VMP Hand Glaze
6. PB EX-P
7. Megs #16
wha lah!!! you will be very, very happy
don't forget to use MF towels and IMO use a natural Sea Sponge it dosen't trap dirt at the surface to be redistributed back onto the paint.
but now that that I got some of the new Red Moose Glaze & Yellow Moose Wax can't wait to try it out on my car I did my wifes 96 Mystic a couple days ago with it and all I could say was "Damn !!!" "Sweet!!!"

cadde300

Established Member
thanks guys. I was actually debating using poorboys stuff. My only thing is I went out and bought the NXT and would like to try it....would that type of polymer based stuff be okay for the end product of either one of your processes??

cadde300

Established Member
I thought that the red moose glaze was for red and black cars only?? Also, where is the cheapest place to buy a porter cable??

Users who are viewing this thread