Need Spark Plug Advise, Car Running Rough

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
my car began running rough today, i pulled a plug to check things out to find it cracked... so i need a new set of plugs. now i'm tuned at 16psi and im going to run a 100 shot of nitrous. i don't know what to get for plugs now because i'm assuming i need to go a step or two colder than stock for the high boost and nitrous. any good advice? i've heard good things about NGK and seem to see some good reviews on the TR6's and am thinking about the TR6's on lethalperf.

any help is appreciated.

-Vinny

KILRSVT

Established Member
hey vinny i would get the normal copper tr6's and gap them at .030. wouldnt waste the money on platinum ones. run that on mine change them around every 4 months tr6's are a step cooler than the factory plug you dont want to go to cold of a plug or else it wont
"clean itself" and foul

I would have the tune looked at. It isn't all too common to simply have the ceramic break on a plug. That cylinder could be running a tad lean. How did the other plus look?

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
the others seem ok, it started happening i discovered "Dynolicious" on my iphone and made like 10 WOT pulls in 1 day. I think im going to order those TR6s on lethal that are like $25, like you said i can replace them fairly often at that price

im having the car retuned with the nitrous once thats done, but i dont know who to go to, my old tuner is almost 100% EVO's and STi's now, i dont trust him on my cobra, any recommendations for the CT area would be nice too.

and if either of you have an ipod touch or an iphone, download Dynolicious ASAP, its the most fun i've had in my car since i bought it

metaman

Established Member
The TR7ix is a better plug. More expensive, but it will last longer and have much better idle characteristics. I had the TR6, they are also good, just not as good as the TR7ix

bigmoose

Established Member
The TR7ix is a better plug. More expensive, but it will last longer and have much better idle characteristics. I had the TR6, they are also good, just not as good as the TR7ix

+1.

I would go with a heat range 7 plug with your setup gapped at 0.030-0.032. I had a slight miss up top when i was gapped at 0.034.

If you don't want to spend the $$$ for the iridium plugs then get the ngk br7ef plugs. they are the same heat range as the tr7ix but not iridium, just the plain vpower coppers.

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i went with the regular vpower coppers, but i went with a medium-cold (6), rather then just a pure... cold(7)... should i consider going with a cold plug on my next plug swap? or should i just say screw the TR6's i got and go straight for the br7ef's?

Last edited:

pb1302

Established Member
I run the BR7EF's.... they are a great plug. I would go with the Irridiums but since the car makes great power and has no issues with these plugs why spend the extra money on something that works. NGK plugs go into all of my cars. They are a great plug.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I have the TR6's because they are SUPER cheap. I replace them every time I change my oil. No issues so far.....

Users who are viewing this thread