Need Spare Inner Tripod..

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
I figured I would post this in the time slip section, because we are the ones with most broken parts usually. Plus their is alot of north east members that run with irs and blow the balls out of it.

I broke another tripod today, I didn't pull it apart but this happened before. Hopefully my level II splines are ok. I figured I would post if anyone has a whole axle with a busted outer and a good inner. Im pretty sure its just the tripod, but if its not I have spare axles from a buddy's car minus the inner tripods, so thats what I need. I would love to get the tripod by thursday if possible, I can pick up within a 70 or so miles. Thanks guys. I got a rental on Friday.

Car went an 11.0 and 10.94 today. Both 1.49 60's. I tried to give it more on the third pass, and the track hooked hard after my burnout so I thought it was go time. This car just wants more out of the hole, but I found out today it doesn't like more.

Thanks,
Corey

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Sorry to hear that Corey, but if you ain't breakin parts you ain't, racin hard enough. At least that's what they tell me. Lol. I have a friend that just bought a wrecked cobra to swap the drivetrain into a coupe. I'll see if he's not using or has the parts you need. If he does I'll tell him to PM you. He's on this site on occasion.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Sorry to hear that Corey, but if you ain't breakin parts you ain't, racin hard enough. At least that's what they tell me. Lol. I have a friend that just bought a wrecked cobra to swap the drivetrain into a coupe. I'll see if he's not using or has the parts you need. If he does I'll tell him to PM you. He's on this site on occasion.

Yeah, I gave it some more out of the hole but she didn't hold. Yeah well thats racing. I threw a broken axle out at cecil one time, what a mistake I could have kept it for parts. I've already taken what I have off my other 4 axles. I think I have broken 5 or 6 I can't remember anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread