Need some Tire Help in Dallas Texas Area

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
Went to Discount Tire to get the Nitto NT05R 315/35/20 and they said they would not mount them for me because they require a 10" wheel and the OEM wheel is 9.5" Like 0.25" on either side makes a difference.

Does anyone know of a good place in the DFW area I can get this done correctly without getting shown charts and such as to what is safe, etc?

I can get the tires myself through Summit/JEGS/Tire-rack, etc.

Thx,

Mike

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Went to Discount Tire to get the Nitto NT05R 315/35/20 and they said they would not mount them for me because they require a 10" wheel and the OEM wheel is 9.5" Like 0.25" on either side makes a difference.

Does anyone know of a good place in the DFW area I can get this done correctly without getting shown charts and such as to what is safe, etc?

I can get the tires myself through Summit/JEGS/Tire-rack, etc.

Thx,

Mike

The place I can recommend is in Irving.. they have a touchless tire machine and road force balancers.. JR's Custom Auto in Irving.. I used to work there although I have my own business now.. I still use them at times myself for delicate situations.. ask for Brian

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
Ordered me two 315/35/20 Nitto NT05Rs from JEGS this morning for $722 and two 275/40/19 Michelin MPSS 105Y's from tire rack for $632--> grand total $1354

Should have them all in by the 10th of next month. Can't wait to get some good sticky tires on this beast!

Ablaze

Established Member
I absolutely want to hear your review of the setup. I'm doing near to the same once it warms up here so definitely post once it all comes in and gets mounted.

brasscoe

Established Member
I had the same experience here in California. First two shops I went to said they couldn't install them, would not place the order, both American Tire. Had to search around, found a Discount Tire I used to go to that said it wasn't a problem and placed the order, should be installed Wednesday. I told them the car, wheel size, explained the situation and I think they understood, so hopefully they will mount them, they didn't ask for a deposit so I'm pretty sure they will. I have a 13-5 Kit on order so thought I would get this out of the way first. After hours of searches and reading on this site the consensus seems to be the NT05 in this size are the best match for our cars, especially if you have mods. Only down side I've seen reported is sway at high speeds. I have a twin turbo Viper with NT05's in 345/30/19's and have not had an issues with the tire. I did notice some sway when I first had them but it seemed to go away after the tires had some miles on them. Hope to have the same experience with the GT500.

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
I will report back as soon as I get them. Looks like I will be able to get them installed 2/14/2015.

To prevent sway I am going to run at least 30lbs in the rears, and if I do decide to drag race, play with the air pressure until I get a full contact patch showing. This is easy to see by driving them across a smooth but dusty garage floor. If you see clean stripes at the edges, then you need to lower air pressure to get full contact.

I am running M&H DRs on my 2006 Mustang GT and I've never felt sway on those guys.

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
I absolutely want to hear your review of the setup. I'm doing near to the same once it warms up here so definitely post once it all comes in and gets mounted.

Car runs like it is attached to a rail now. I posted a bit more detail on another post, but you won't go wrong with the Nitto NT05Rs in the back and MPSSs in the front.

Ablaze

Established Member
Fantastic. Saw your post in the other thread. If you ever get a chance definitely post up some pictures!

brasscoe

Established Member
Fantastic. Saw your post in the other thread. If you ever get a chance definitely post up some pictures!

I just had mine installed last week, stock power level 1st sticks like glue now. Here are some pics:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
I did something on mine today I've never done! Put it in 1st, hammered the throttle and held on for dear life!!! Was enjoying it so much I forgot to watch the tach and redlined and shut down the engine!!! Not one bit of spin. I ain't doing anything else to her but driver her and maintain her.

Users who are viewing this thread