Need some suggestions on credit issues.

epracmetcon

Established Member
To make a long story short. Had some trouble with money mid to late last year and am just now getting back on my feet. Have a couple of credit cards that had gotten to let go too far. One am starting to get back on track with but the other I let go too far and they want all their money now. Can't seem to get a loan because my credit is poor and am currently paying on a car right now. Dont really have any family to help me out. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

epracmetcon

Established Member
The passage of time while paying on time is the way forward.

I completely understand that. I was more concerned about having a place to live and a vehicle to get me back and forth to work then the credit cards at the time. I am paying the other one on time but the other company wants all their money, now.

Juruense

Banned
Every major city has a credit bureau which provides credit counseling. Contact then and they will help you work it out and they will not charge for the service.

Coiled03

Established Member
First off, read your cardmember's agreement and see if it says they can demand full payment at any time. There's a slim chance it doesn't, but you never know.

Second, ask them to set up a payment plan beyond your regular one.

If that doesn't work, maybe get a third credit card, and do a balance transfer away from the people demanding the money. It may have a lousy interest rate, but maybe then you can make payments over time.

epracmetcon

Established Member
First off, read your cardmember's agreement and see if it says they can demand full payment at any time. There's a slim chance it doesn't, but you never know.

Second, ask them to set up a payment plan beyond your regular one.

If that doesn't work, maybe get a third credit card, and do a balance transfer away from the people demanding the money. It may have a lousy interest rate, but maybe then you can make payments over time.

From I can read in their cardmembers agreement, it does not say anywhere that they can or can not demand payment in full at any time. From what the gentleman has told me, the account is closed and they want their money.

edit: they did say they would setup a payment plan of 4 installments of the sum of the account which is just as unrealistic right now as the full sum.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
tell them if they try and ruin your credit you just ownt pay, tell them you wanna pay and make things right but not if they are gonna ruin your credit, they honeslty just want oyur money so you do have some power here, otherwise if they are gonna ruin your credit your screwed either way if you pay it all now or later

and this works as my father did this years ago with my brother whow as in debt all over the place, he told them do you want your money or not, cuz if ou ruin his credit I aint paying for crap dollar number 1

Last edited:

Oborroto

Established Member
tell them if they try and ruin your credit you just ownt pay, tell them you wanna pay and make things right but not if they are gonna ruin your credit, they honeslty just want oyur money so you do have some power here, otherwise if they are gonna ruin your credit your screwed either way if you pay it all now or later

and this works as my father did this years ago with my brother whow as in debt all over the place, he told them do you want your money or not, cuz if ou ruin his credit I aint paying for crap dollar number 1

Thats true. Sprint screwed me. I set up payment they sent me to collections now they arent getting anything

epracmetcon

Established Member

Well, I will try that. The guy that I am talking to does not even work for the credit card company. He has been nice and helpfull and has told me that they will take the bad marks off the credit score but I dont know how much I believe that.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Anyone else have any suggestions?

http://clarkhoward.com/

Clark Howard is a consumer advisor.

Read his columns or listen to his radio show. He's the best you'll find on consumer advice & how to pay off credit cards.

My advice to you is along the lines of what Kilgore Trout said. Try Consumer Credit Counseling. It's linked off of Clark Howard's website.

If you go to Coonsumer Credit Counseling's website, you can talk to a live Representative straight on their website, or find one of their offices in your local area.

If you do use their website, be prepared beforehand with all of your info at hand.
You may need to fax them a copy of your agreement with the company including threatening letters from the Card Company.

If you don't act fast, the company may be able to take you to court. Not sure of the laws in your state.

If you talk directly to the card company, bargain with them & ask to pay only like 60% of the total bill. Sometimes that works.

Users who are viewing this thread