Need some stall converter suggestions

IZBLOWN

Hey guys, i took the truck to the track friday night, and really noticed how much TQ you lose down low with the head/cam package i am using. This thing is a slug off the line. Best 60' i pulled was a 1.78, and the truck was NOT spinning, but it makes monster HP on the top end, trapped damn near 119 (on 15lbs boost no less). Was [email protected], and judging by the MPH i know its good for mid 11's. My question is, what converter is the most efficient out of the selection? I realize the PI converters are nice, but i have a hard time laying down close to $1k for a converter. The truck is a DD, so i was thinking between 26-2800rpm stall. I have some experience with converters, some good some bad, but know nothing about the good and the bad with these trucks. I was thinking the art carr, any good? Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Anthony

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
torco :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

been on my truck for about a year and a half. I had doubts at first but its heald up. and for the price it cant be beat. $350.00
ask for mickey... tell him art from california sent you.

IZBLOWN

Art, what stall speed did you go with? And did it make that big of a difference? Did it scrub top end? Sorry for all the questions.

Anthony

IZBLOWN

Yea they do. I dont think the whole problem is the stall converter though, i think it still needs some fine tuning, even without a converter, it should still 60' better than that, thanks for the help guys!

Anthony

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I went with a 3k stall, a little outrageous. you have to rev it about 200 rpm more than usual. but you won't notice it unless you drive a stock lightning again. top speed or hyway theres no difference. it's a lock up converter so it locks up in OD. but i've been putting 1.5s 60ft for a long time.

wildside#1

Established Member
Originally posted by auyon
torco :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

been on my truck for about a year and a half. I had doubts at first but its heald up. and for the price it cant be beat. $350.00
ask for mickey... tell him art from california sent you.

do you have a website for phone # for this place? Im in the market for a nice converter.

Users who are viewing this thread