Need some paint color suggestions

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
Well guys, wrecked the L last week.
20828.jpg
. Now I will start a ground up rebuild. Plans are:
22"s, 2/4 drop, 3.73's, built motor, rollpan, shaker is staying, install the traction bars, gaylord speedstur, and a few other odds and ends.

Now our thinking is that we want to paint it something different. A color the L's didn't come in. If we have to paint it why not. We don't really race it, but the Wife loves the shows so we are concentrating on the looks. We like the ghost flames, stripes etc and are open to suggestions there.

Initial thinking has got me looking to a "slate blue". What do you guys think? Any color suggestion is welcome even if it is to stay true to the L colors.

Anyone with some photoshop pics they really like and want to offer it up?

Stinger2007

Established Member
sorry to see this mess, maybe you hydroplaned?

COLOR: any color other than the coventional colors. My first car was an cutless oldsmobile, the color was sky blue with blk and white accents.

always liked this color for some reason.

good luck.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
old school flat black might look killer!!
Mystichrome would be sick as well.

Actually, if you're looking at a pale blue...
Windveil (sp?) Blue that's on the new Mustangs is pretty sweet.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
How about Ferrari "Fly Yellow"? Chevy and Ford both have intense yellows too, seen many new vettes in yellow. Of course, you'd have to do something with the interior that would compliment the yellow... but if you want to make a statement, yellow could be tough to beat. You can also ghost in flames on the yellow too. Some yellow, black and grey buckets could work with a center console.

Sorry that you messed up the L.

Bootie

Established Member
If you have the newest Summit catalog, go to the feature truck in that. It's a 50's ford that has a dark red Chrysler color on it. It's beautiful.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Damn man, sorry to hear about the truck

I think something really blue with pearl to have it shine in the light would looks sick... Or a blood red with that same effect...

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
OUCH. Any more pics???

I'd go Sunset Orange...

Here are a few more
4562-10390-172673.jpg

4562-10390-172674.jpg

And orange seems to be the color most suggested in some variation or another.. Explain "sunset" to me more.

RIDE THE said:
Damn Dude! What the hell happened?

I always thought a Candy Apple Red would look killer on an L. BIG TIME $ though.

Wet road, overpass, guardrail, and F1's that were obviously to worn for the conditions. I wasn't speeding and it wasn't raining at that moment but the conditions were just right for the rear end to come around. Thankfully we walked away with only sore muscles and no ticket!!

I've seen Candy Red photoshoped and it looks good, but I'm not much of a red fan.

IEatGt's said:
old school flat black might look killer!!
Mystichrome would be sick as well.

Actually, if you're looking at a pale blue...
Windveil (sp?) Blue that's on the new Mustangs is pretty sweet.

I could dig the flat black with some pinstriping but I think it might be hard to find some white walls to complement it. Not to mention it wouldn't pass the wife test..haha

The mustang blue I think you are talking about is a bit to light for a truck IMO..

OldTimer said:
How about Ferrari "Fly Yellow"? Chevy and Ford both have intense yellows too, seen many new vettes in yellow. Of course, you'd have to do something with the interior that would compliment the yellow... but if you want to make a statement, yellow could be tough to beat. You can also ghost in flames on the yellow too. Some yellow, black and grey buckets could work with a center console.

Sorry that you messed up the L.
This is a thought but the problem is I already have a yellow 73 bronco..
574398.jpg

I really like Pearl white but it's been done more than once. I want something that is a first, or as original as I can be and looks good. I want something that will stand out in a crowd of L's.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Brahmus said:
I want something that is a first, or as original as I can be and looks good. I want something that will stand out in a crowd of L's.

It's a good thing you said "and looks good" otherwise I would have to say go with neon green flames on a brite pink paint job would be a first and stick out in a crowd.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I say go mystic...never seen an L with a Mystic paint job...that would be badass!!! Don't know if there is a differenct but I know some change between like 9 colors and some that change between 16 colors, or that BASF Mystic that changes between like 20 something colors. Hope money is not an option....lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread