Need some mounting ideas for eboost 2 (66mm)

stradt03

Established Member
Title says it all, I'm struggling with where to put the 66mm eboost2 gauge. I goofed and meant to order the 60mm one and now it is what it is.

So what is everyone doing with their 66mm gauges?

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Not sure what size mine is but here's where I had it with the manual trans...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433177994.936258.jpg

stradt03

Established Member
Looks good! Where did you route the boost line? Did you need any kind of insert in the cup holder to secure the gauge in it?

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Thats also where i have my eboost2.

I actually just wrapped the body with some electrical tape until it fit snug.

I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the cupholder for the vac line and wires.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
It's drilled a little undersized for an interference fit. Was real snug, not going anywhere. Vacuum line ran forward, through firewall on drivers side above pedals, to the back of the intake... But mines an 01 FWIW

Last edited:

stradt03

Established Member
It's drilled a little undersized for an interference fit. Was real snug, not going anywhere. Vacuum line ran forward, through firewall on drivers side above pedals, to the back of the intake... But mines an 01 FWIW

Great, mine is an 01 also. Do you use any kind of meth injection? I'm interested in rigging up the eboost LED to turn on when the meth pump is active just as an addition safeguard measure.

stradt03

Established Member
IMAG3548.jpg

So you guys cut a hole in the console in front of the smaller cup holder? Anyone remember what size hole saw they used?

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
You could always fiberglass the cup holder, assuming you don't use it much. That's what I did in my '98 as I didn't want to cut a hole in the center console. I purchased an extra cup holder for mine so if I want to go back or mount the boost controller elsewhere I can.

gaugepod5.jpg

I have since sanded and painted the pod to match the black console. This picture was taken while I was fitting the gauge pod.

Users who are viewing this thread