Need some machine shop advice!

ESVEETEE

Established Member
I'm working on a project for my truck. I need a custom intake plenum made, but I've requested a few of the local machine shops to give me a quote. I keep getting no-quotes on the job, or they're willing to make partial components.

I need some advice on if what I'm asking for is doable, or if there's something I'm not considering.

I will email some .pdfs of the drawings I made in solidworks to anyone who is willing to take a look.

Thanks!

1slo5ohh

Established Member
Problem is for it to be worth their time they have to charge more then most people walking in off the street are willing to pay. So most don't bother.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
I'm willing to pay a good chunk of change for this piece. It's the only thing holding up my project.

I need a custom intake plenum made so I can keep drive by wire with my m112 on my f150.

jbs$

Established Member
ESV, you need to take your drawing and go see the Shop Engineer and talk about your project. Be prepared to have to pay most, if not all, up front. Also, your drawings may have to be redone to get them in the condition that the machinest and fabricators can use.

4a7191a

Established Member
I've got a Buddy that does fan stuff but in this case he might need the vehicle. I know on my evo he will do a custom intake one day and he will need my take off to work with for dimensions.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
I've got all the dimensions needed and everything. i just need someone willing to do it and give me a price

Users who are viewing this thread