Need some input....

slo-GT

Established Member
there is a guy that has been talking quite a bit of crap about my friends car and says he is going to hand him his ass when he gets the chance. The guy drives a 2006 GTO that has exhaust and other than that i don't know, since i've only seen and heard him driving down the road. My friend has a 96 cobra with a vortech s/c @9psi, full bolt ons, aluminum driveshaft, fmu, dyno tuned, 3.73's with fully built rearend he is putting down around 430rwhp last time on the dyno........so my question is what kind of mods would this GTO need to have to beat him?

dontmockthemach

Established Member
cam/blower/spray...Weight advantage to the 94-04 body style in general, but the 06 gto has 400 hp stock. I got to drive one last week with k&n intake, and they are no slouch, but still too heavy. My mach runs about dead even with 6 liter goats with similar mods as mine(exhaust shifter intake). If your friends car can beat 01 cobras/03 machs, he should be fine. Definitely check the goat out before any money is ever put down! Stealth cams are exactly what they sound like:burnout:

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
I think your buddy has this one in the bag. I'm guessing he is probably a mid-low 11s car with those numbers (just guessing of course). That Goat would need full bolt-ons and a heads/cam swap to beat him. Or a lot of go go juice...

Common

Established Member
2 THINGS......for the GTO owner......
KY_Jelly__70031.gif

man_position_copy.gif

/thread

Quik Z06

Established Member
I dont know about low 11's with 430, we walked a 420whp Procharged Cobra pretty good in our Vette. But I do think he will beat the GTO. I drove one before buying the Cobra and wasnt impressed at all.

slo-GT

Established Member
yea.....i have no idea what his car does...we haven't been to the track since he got the supercharger and the tko 600 tranny we are guessing mid to low 12's maybe high elevens if he can get a great launch which he has trouble with.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Until you get a full mod list of the goat, it is unkown. But the LS2 responds really well to bolt ons, and I think that even without FI your friend could have a race on his hands.

slo-GT

Established Member
damn those are good numbers off the bottle for a 2 valve silverstang00:thumbsup: what s/c setup are you running?

Alb Cobra

Established Member
stroker22 said:
2 THINGS......for the GTO owner......
KY_Jelly__70031.gif

man_position_copy.gif

/thread

I love this guys responses!!!! :thumbsup: I have maybe around 430ish to the wheels and I have not seen a GTO run a better time than me at our track and your friends Cobra is lighter than mine. I have not seen a FI or cammed one yet mainly just the simple boltons and I am more than a second faster than them on street tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread