Need some input on this data from dyno..

93coupe11

Established Member
so i just drove to california (santa maria) to buy my 03 cobra. it was tuned by an awesome tuner there, RET. i live in washington state, olympia area.

car has a 2.3 whipple, 3.0 pulley, high flow catted mid-pipe (mrt), flowbastards, stock manifolds. single blade plenum, billetflow tb, sct maf, 60s, twin gt pumps, jlt cai.

i threw it on the local dyno here, this is where i'm kinda uneasy and doubting some stuff. this was on a mustang dyno, the car made 648/590, on 92 pump, 17 degrees timing. a/f showed 12.1 across the board.

questions begin;

-stock lower, 3.0 upper.. their boost gauge showed 21.5!!! mine in car showed 18-18.5
-my wideband showed low/mid 11's, their sniffer showed 12.1 average

car runs great, idles great, has all the cooling mods, ect. i do not doubt the tune nor the build of the car. i'm questioning the tune needing an adjustment/their dyno is just way off.

what do you guys think? based off everything i've read this should be seeing no more then 19 lb's tops. then it is very sketchy from there how sniffer's read versus widebands.

warbird19

Established Member
IF they used a sniffer from the pipe if will show a little lean, so i would request that they remove your wideband and install the dyno WB in there during the runs. Also is your boost gauge manual or electric? Im sure the dynos is electric and might be a little off.

Users who are viewing this thread