Need some info on a Mercedes

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
My buddy is looking at buying a used Mercedes for his wife.He has two spotted.One is a 2000 SL320 with 48,000 miles.The other is a 2002 CLK with 60,000 miles.I know shit about Mercedes,so what I need is some input on the reliability,Anyone ever owned any of these?

chrisheltra

Established Member
Be prepared to pay out the ass for maintenance. The wife and I currently own two and believe me it isnt cheep. Just an oil and filter change costs $120. If they are dead set on getting one tell them not to even consider one unless they can get an extended factory warranty.

M3xpress

Established Member
My parents had them when I was younger, both were always having issues and they were new off the lot.

I would expect them too still be killer on maintenance costs. If I had the money, there are only a couple Mercedes cars I'd be willing to take the plung for.

Most of the foreign luxury cars are going to have high maintenance costs, just be aware of that and go after what you want and the best deal.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You wont have any issues motor/trans. Prepare for issues with the top. It has several rams that leak over time. When one goes out the others will fail soon thereafter. Just replaced one ram on a 95SL, $1559. Also on the SL He would be better off buying a used certified car, as a non warranty car will end up costing him about the same once he starts paying for repairs.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread