Need some ideas to update 96 Cobra Suspension

89armygt

Established Member
I hear a slight "pop" you can say when I go from a stop to taking off. Nothing huge or anything just a little pop. Any ideas what that could be? It sounds like its coming from the front passenger side? The car is lowered with Eibach springs with Iso's taken out of the front. So I was thinking about C/C plates, steeda bump steer, maybe some 03-04 front A arms?, and I dont know what else I can replace to get that pop to go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Mines doing it too, Im preaty sure its the top strut mount. I refuse to fix it @ this point in time. Im sick of spending all my extra cash on a car I only drive on the weekends.

Toasty

Established Member
I hear a slight "pop" you can say when I go from a stop to taking off. Nothing huge or anything just a little pop. Any ideas what that could be? It sounds like its coming from the front passenger side? The car is lowered with Eibach springs with Iso's taken out of the front. So I was thinking about C/C plates, steeda bump steer, maybe some 03-04 front A arms?, and I dont know what else I can replace to get that pop to go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

I did the following;

MM C/C plates
MM Bumpsteer
Poly rack bushings
03-04 Front control arms
New wheel bearing hubs (optional, one of mine had a slight growl)
Tokico 'Blues'
FRPP B Springs with Poly ISO's top and bottom

The above matched with 18x9 Y2K R's with 275/35/18's BFG KDW-2's. I've had friends drive the car and say 'It drives like a new car'. Tramlining went wayyyyy down when I installed the 03-04 arms, bumpsteer, and poly rack bushings (everything else was installed the previous summer). Very happy with the setup.

Oh, and mine also did the popping noise until I did the C/C's and 03/04 arms. I suspect it was either balljoint or strut tower mount play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread