need some help

Bluebullit

Established Member
could some one tell me a good way to test the coils on a 01 gt cause the car is missing and all the plugs are brand new so since the car is 10 yrs old i think one might be going out but i want to find out before i buy a new set.

thanks guys

Digital

Established Member
could some one tell me a good way to test the coils on a 01 gt cause the car is missing and all the plugs are brand new so since the car is 10 yrs old i think one might be going out but i want to find out before i buy a new set.

thanks guys

FORD has a machine to do it but you mine as well get 8 new coils for that price. You could OHM them out.

Bluebullit

Established Member
thanks man yeah I'm gonna order some new ones and see if thats the problem but if not ill still have new coils so it wont hurt lol

Bluebullit

Established Member
nope but the car has a real bad miss and i pulled all the plugs and they looked great granted i just changed them out about 30 miles before this happened. i thought it might be a vacuum leak but according to my boost gauge it is pulling normal vac so i figured it was the packs going out

Digital

Established Member
Coil plugs won't always throw a code. So it's a hard diagnostic to do. I got 8 take offs for like 150$ the other week or so from a guy here, not too bad.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was being hopeful. If it was throwing a code it would be easy to just move the packs around and see if the code followed.

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah im going to take it to the shop and have them figure it out before i buy anything for it. thanks for the help guys

Bluebullit

Established Member
no it ran great after the new plugs but i was passing someone and when i went from 2nd to 3rd it lost power and started missing real bad... they are the motorcraft plugs

01yellercobra

Established Member
Pull the plugs and make sure none of them closed up. I had one close up on a dyno pull and it felt like a miss. They had about 100 miles on them when that happened.

Users who are viewing this thread