need some help

1999MUSTANG2000

Established Member
A couple weeks ago my dad drives my car after putting in my zex plugs for my nitrous kit he said he fells like its missing and had more power before. I was already warery of using nitrous and i then decided to not use it so i pull the whole kit out including plugs. I replaced them with autolite double platinums. I instantly feel it missing badly so i recheck the plugs everythings good. I replace the coils and car runs awesome again. A few days later car is missing again i re-pull coils and take the tune completely out of it buy new coils and re-do the tune. Car runs ok but not as good as before i figure what the hell i'll leave it like this for a while. A few days later i decide to do a burnout and the rpms wont go past 3500 i'm like wtf and try again this time it sticks at 3500 but slowly starts rising and hits 5300 i let off and it continues spinning until it hits second gear it then bogs and slowly the rpms start rising back up. I park it and give myself a night to think about whats wrong. The next day i pull the MAF plug and drive it it runs like a bat out of hell. So i replace the MAF and it runs like **** still i pull the MAF and it runs great again.I also noticed that if i do a burnout as good as i start the car the rpms do not hang and shoot straight to redline like nothings wrong but if i drive it for 5 mins the car runs like ****.

It also threw a few codes that i have erased and they've came back they are P1000,P0353,P1131,P1151. What could be the cause of my problems and what could cause these codes. thanks guys i'm sorry the thread was so long but i wanted to fully explain whats wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread