Need Some Help

Jarrett H

Established Member
My turbo truck is having trouble running right. It's running two walbros, 60lb injectors, and its being controlled by a Diablo Chipmaster Revolution.

Yesterday we took the bed off to to fix the fuel level sending unit in the tank. When I pulled the assembly out I noticed one of the fuel lines running to the Y piece had a rip in it. Replaced the lines and fittings with the correct hardware and reinstalled it into the truck. I also cleaned and oiled the K and N filter, and fixed an exhaust leak. I backed the truck out the shop and let it idle for a few minutes.

When i went to take the truck for a spin, it started to hesitate when it would build boost. I've got a custom tune for 12 psi with the Diablo chip, but i turned it down to roughly 10 psi because its much colder outside and i wanted to be careful with spikes. When I would go WOT it would hesitate from around 2500-4000 and then it would take off like a champ.

Today I cleaned the MAF sensor because i thought it might have got oil on it from the filter. It still ran like crap. I went and picked up new plugs, (TR6) left them at the stock gap (.40), and it still ran like crap. When i go WOT in neutral, it hesitates like crazy, but if i go light throttle it runs great. I pulled the plugs again and gapped them down to .30 . It doesn't even want to idle correctly. It fluctuates from 500-1000 and then just dies.

Coils were purchased earlier this year and the fuel pressure is at around 30psi at idle. It ran better with a hole in the fuel line.

Anyone have any tips on what it could be? I'm tempted to take it to take it to someone to have them just diagnose it, because it's not throwing any codes.

Users who are viewing this thread