Need Some Help

WhiteSVT

Established Member
OK I WAS AT THE CAR WASH FOR ABOUT 2HRS. THE L RAN FINE UP THERE. I GET IN IT AND TURN IT ON AND MY SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT IS ON. I SCAN IT AND ITS THROWING A "P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1) " WAT DOES THAT MEAN. AND WATS A "BANK" AND WAT WOULD CAUSE THIS TO HAPPEN ALL THE SUDDEN.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
All caps suck! Spelling SUCKS. Details ROCK! (Did you wash the motor at the wash?) It didn't necessarily happen all of a sudden. It could have been an oncoming problem. You will need to get your car checked out to figure exactly what is causing the problem. Bank1 one stands for the Driver's side of the motor. Many simple ideas could be 02 Sensors, Fuel filter, and Dirty MAF.

WhiteSVT

Established Member
ok sorry for the caps.LOL my fuel filter is new. my O2 prob need to be changed. and how do u clean ur MAF. O and thanks for the Bank question.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
check for a vac leak. make sure all three hoses are attached to the underside of the intake elbow...

Clean maf.....pull off filter and spray the maf sensor down with some elect parts cleaner

Last edited:

WhiteSVT

Established Member
OK just changed out O2s on the drivers side. fuel filter good. 3 lines on elbo for intake good. MAF cleaned. now a guy told me that Bank 1 is the drivers side. if someone could give me a conferemed answer that woud be great.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Passengers side of the engine front to back is cylinders 1,2,3,4. Drivers side front to back is 5,6,7,8. Bank 1 is always on the same side that cylinder #1 is on.

WhiteSVT

Established Member
OK i got bank 1 and 2 repalced and i ereased the trouble code and took it for a spin and she runs great. thanks guys for the help. i checked all the possible reasons that could cause this to happen, and they are all good.:rolling:

WhiteSVT

Established Member
yeah the 02 before the cat on bank 1 was a lil messed up. i knew then thats what the problem was.i changed the 02s on bank 1 and bank 2. thanks alot (RIDE THE). sometimes 2 heads r better than one. thanks again for everone help.

Users who are viewing this thread