Need some help with Vortech GT!!!

Bluebullit

Established Member
well here is the story and ill try to keep it short but i took my car to get the motor built after a trailer hitch went threw my bottom end ( it was night time) and the guy put forged pistons in there but left the stock crank and rods so i need some help on my limitations for power/boost cause my machine shop told me if i kept it under 6k rpms and didnt go over 12 psi i should be ok even though 12 was a lil high in his opinion. So now to the goods...

Specs:
stock block bored .20 over
JE forged pistons stock compression
ported heads and cams
V2 SQ vortech at 7psi

It made 421 at 105 deg shop temp. but the question i have is they guy left my stock rods in my motor even though i told my dad to get new forged rods but i guess he forgot but anyways since i have good pistons what do you guys think my limit is on power??? i just upgraded to a focus pump and a BAP and im going to go get it re tuned on October 10th and it should be about 80 deg shop temp and around that temp my car is now pulling about 9psi almost peaking 10 and im worried about my rods.

i was thinking about getting a power pipe and a new intake manifold and Plentem and TB but im scared to try to get to much out of it with the stock GT rods.

so just let me know what you all think cause im sure since it is running a lil more boost i should see around 440 ish but we ill see.

Last edited:

Bluebullit

Established Member
also i will post a pic of the old dyno sheet and the new one when i get it tuned and if i can ill get the graphs from the tuner so i can the best answers.

thanks to all that help me out and please serious answers that will really help me out

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Kind of confusing to read. But I guess you are saying you have forged pistons, but have a stock crank still. Many have pushed he stock crank in excess of 600rwhp+ with no problem, the stock rods are the weak link, which you have replaced, so you should be fine.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
yea those rods are the part that is most likely to break. It would have been better to get forged rods on the stock pistons. I wouldnt push more than 11-12psi...

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah i think ill just leave it at the boost its at till i can go in and change the rods.

thanks guys

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah thats what scares me about even going WOT on the set up i have now so i dunno i guess ill just keep it where it is now and i hope it doesnt blow. and if it does ill just build another one but better this time.

Users who are viewing this thread