Need some help with rear suspension

Offaxis

Boosted MoFo..
Established Member
I have installed bmr relocation brackets and lower control arms . I also have a installed the rear swaybar relocation kit. The car does not handle very well now seems like it might be binding. Is there something else I need ? Feel like it shouldn't feel like this

thanks

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Is the car lowered? What hole are you in on the relo brackets? Check to see if the axle housing is still square... Did you tighten everything up with the suspension loaded?

imeyers302

Established Member
I have installed bmr relocation brackets and lower control arms . I also have a installed the rear swaybar relocation kit. The car does not handle very well now seems like it might be binding. Is there something else I need ? Feel like it shouldn't feel like this

thanks

Running koni sports and steeda sport sport springs and lower control arms. When I installed my BMR relocation brackets I mounted the control arms to the lowest hole. The car handled horribly. Traction was good but rear felt loose when handling. Was going to remove them. Changed to top hole and it completely changed the feel. Make sure you have them mounted in the top hole.

Offaxis

Boosted MoFo..
Established Member
M
Running koni sports and steeda sport sport springs and lower control arms. When I installed my BMR relocation brackets I mounted the control arms to the lowest hole. The car handled horribly. Traction was good but rear felt loose when handling. Was going to remove them. Changed to top hole and it completely changed the feel. Make sure you have them mounted in the top hole.

I did the same and it was all over the road on the lowest setting so I moved it to the 2nd hole and it was better but not right. I'll try the top hole but isn't that like not even having them in the car ?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
The top hole is still 2" lower then stock mounting point. It all depends on ride height. You want your control arms level, or slightly lower at the axle mount. Excessive anti squat will negatively effect handling.

BMR Tech 2

M

I did the same and it was all over the road on the lowest setting so I moved it to the 2nd hole and it was better but not right. I'll try the top hole but isn't that like not even having them in the car ?

No, like Scott said the top hole is still 2" lower than the OEM mounting point. I think you'll be happy with the arms in the top hole. That should make the car feel better for you. I would also suggest checking your thrust angle to make sure that everything is where it should be. Sometimes installing the relocation brackets can throw it off a little bit and make the car feel a little weird.

Users who are viewing this thread