Need some help with pistons DSS 4620-020 or Probe 10178-020

in4thewin24la

Established Member
So I have gotten 2 sets (kinda) of pistons for my DOHC build but both sets have issues. The DSS 4620-020 pistons issue is that I have 8 but there are 2 that are smaller than the other 6; 6 @ 3.568 and smaller 2 @ 3.566. The machine shop is telling me that the tolerances are too great to use them. I am also missing one connecting rod. The Probe 10178-020 issue is that I only have 7 and would obviously need 1 more. I have called many places trying to get them with no luck. DSS says that it is a discontinued piston they could sell me the new ones 4856X that are the new piston to replace it but I'm not sure about running 2 different ones even though they are from the same manufacturer. I have also called Probe and they do not have any lying around on 030 over and everywhere else only has full sets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Ouch....obviously your best bet is to get a FULL new set. That being said...Compare the spec sheet for Probes with the new 4856x's and see how close they match up. Im in the middle of an engine build myself. Who do you have doing your machine work ? ?

Users who are viewing this thread