Need some help with P1132

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Guys,

My truck is throwing the p1132 and p1152 codes. It is putting out clouds of white smoke and, for the short while I kept it running, it was running really rough.

This problem happened while driving under boost. It felt like it let go, but its not leaking fluid or anything. Whats up? Where should I start looking?

zack

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Did I shoot a plug? I looked at all the coils and they appeared to be fine...I have no clue what is going on, as I have never had this problem before. My Truck puts up a smoke screen everytime you turn it over!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Both of the codes are for lack of O2 sensor switching reading pig rich.

Might sound stupid but what does the smoke smell like? Sweet smell to it? Check you coolant level in the bottle and in the intercooler bottle. White smoke normally is coolant in the combustion chamber.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
yeah...white smoke (Water/anti freeze) likely culprit blown head gasket..or ruptured IC.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
If it's tossing O2 codes for both banks I'd go with the Intercooler over a head gasket. Headgasket will normally only affect one bank. However, anything is possible.

If water intrusion is in fact the problem. If ether or the tanks are low I'd pressure test them first.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Ok, so I went back to tow the car today. I drove it around the parking lot to see if I could pinpoint anything. Here is some stuff I found:

-It leaked a little bit of oil over the course of the night. It has never left a spot on the driveway, so this was unusual. It appears to be coming from the driver’s side, around the front of the valve cover…but it was really hard to tell in the lighting. It was only about 3 oz. of oil.

-Its not smoking bad anymore. Yesterday it looked like I was doing a burnout----no matter what the RPM the tailpipe was spewing white smoke. This was not the case today.

-Something is going on with the oil gauge/pump/system. When I was lapping the parking lot the gauge would drop down to low and the oil light would come on…them it would move back up to its usual level…..then it would drop down again. I checked the oil, and it is sitting right at its usual level.

-The truck was stumbling really bad at low speeds, but if you started to get up to about 40 it would smooth out…almost to the point that it was running normal.

Thanks a ton for the help thus far. I’m still pretty new to this truck, so I need all the help I can get. If you have ANY ideas, please toss them out. Most of you know a heck of a lot more than me.

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The oil leak I would want to find first. I'd be interested to see if it's coming from the headgasket.

Headgasket and water intrusion can change due to temps. In other words it can be okay and then the next time you start it up it can just bellow smoke.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Thanks for the help so far guys, I jut got a chance to check it out (kinda).

The oil is, as far as I can tell, not coming out of the head gasket. Here are a few things I noticed.

-I have some oil on the frame and some of the hoses ect directly under the air box. In fact, the bottom of the air box had oil dripping off of it. If I get under the truck and stick my head up in the drivers side wheel well it looks like someone sprayed a little bit of oil all over the crap in there.

-If I pull the dipstick while the engine is cold it says I have NO oil in the engine. Not even a little bit.

-The oil pressure gauge says I have no oil…

-I pulled the first plug on the passenger’s side. It looked oil fouled, and there was a little bit of oil on the white part of the plug.

I have no clue what is going on. I’m probably going to end up taking it to a professional, but I would at least like to have an idea of what I’m looking at before hand. Anybody got anything?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Remove the intake pipe and see what the inside of the pipe looks like. We know that the T body will more than likely have some oil on it but is the inside of the rubber elbow wet or dry.

You might just be sucking oil into the engine and burning it that way. Oil is close to water in appearance when it comes out of the tailpipe. It's white/blue instead of just bright white.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Remove the intake pipe and see what the inside of the pipe looks like. We know that the T body will more than likely have some oil on it but is the inside of the rubber elbow wet or dry.

You might just be sucking oil into the engine and burning it that way. Oil is close to water in appearance when it comes out of the tailpipe. It's white/blue instead of just bright white.

What the heck would cause this? Would this make the engine seem like its missing/running rough? This is weird...

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
If something went really wrong with the PCV system then it could suck the oil right out of the valve covers and send it directly into the engine.

Remember this is just going off of what you are describing. I could be way off. Lets see what the elbow looks like and then go from there.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
If something went really wrong with the PCV system then it could suck the oil right out of the valve covers and send it directly into the engine.

Remember this is just going off of what you are describing. I could be way off. Lets see what the elbow looks like and then go from there.

Fair enough. Thanks a ton for the help.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
...just got back from checking the truck out. There IS oil in the air box. The air filter has a fair amount of oil in it, and there is a small pool at the bottom of the box. I stuck my fingers up into the maf and elbow…more oil. Looks like RIDE THE was right on the money. The question is, now what?

I’m not really familiar with the PCV system. Is this something that will cost a ton of money?

A big thanks goes out to RIDE THE. This guy sure knows his stuff.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Top off the oil first.

Have you added anything lately to the truck like an oil separator or block off an lines on the intake system?

If not go to the passengers side of the motor and remove the PCV valve and shake it. Does it sound like there is a metal marble inside? If not then replace it. To be honest I'd just replace it anyways.

It sounds like the PCV system failed and it is pulling to much vacuum and it's sucking the oil right out of the valve cover on the drivers side.

Sounds like a great time to invest in an oil separator if you don't already have one. Get a good one, Don't go the cheap route. They don't last and you'll just end up buying the better one down the road anyways.

The shitty part is that you now need to clean out the entire intake system and change out the spark plugs.

The good news is that changing the plugs will be so much more simpler to do since you should remove the intercooler and clean it out. The lower intake should have a ton of oil in. With all of the oil in there I'd buy the PCV line that goes down to the rear of the lower intake. The elbow will fail if it isn't close to doing so already with that much oil going through the system. It comes with a new valve IIRC. They are cheap and with having the intercooler out it makes replacing it the best time to do it.

Just be careful with the rotors on the S/C. Don't use any harsh chemicals (like brake clean) to get the oil off. It will start to strip off the coating on the rotors and then you'll have to tear the whole thing apart to complete the stripping.

It not that hard of a job. If your new to the engine but can work on it, plan on a day. If your used to it you can do it much faster.

All you need is the PCV line (with valve), eight spark plugs, new air filter, brake clean and an oil separator. No gaskets will be needed if you are careful.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Thanks a ton for the help. I've had the intake and SC off before, so it won't be that hard of a job.

I can't say thank you enough.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Hell dude, your welcome.

Do you need the part number for the PCV assembly? I'm pretty sure that no dealer will have it in stock so they will have to order it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread