Need some help with my 97 4.6 dohc build

Honorable_kaiser

Established Member
I'm rather new to this whole thing and needed help with what fits and what not on these older 4.6's.

i need to know if a 03 terminator timing cover and lower intake will fit on this engine block.

also need to know if some aviator c type heads will fit on it aswell

also need to know what else I may be forgetting because I'm going to be going with an Eaton m112 blower on this car.

Thanks Mike

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I'm not an expert on that at all, but I will say that the heads, timing cover, lower intake, etc. should all bolt up to the short block as they didn't change too much for the 4.6's. If you're going to have it that far torn down I'd change to forged rods and pistons for the boost though to make it last, that's what I'm having done to mine currently.

Honorable_kaiser

Established Member
I'm not an expert on that at all, but I will say that the heads, timing cover, lower intake, etc. should all bolt up to the short block as they didn't change too much for the 4.6's. If you're going to have it that far torn down I'd change to forged rods and pistons for the boost though to make it last, that's what I'm having done to mine currently.
I was planning on changing over rods and what not, what dish on the pistons do you recommend because I might upgrade in the future to a Whipple 2.3 or 2.9 liter

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I was planning on changing over rods and what not, what dish on the pistons do you recommend because I might upgrade in the future to a Whipple 2.3 or 2.9 liter
I'm not sure and still haven't decided myself... my 97 Cobra engine already has a Vortech on it and we are about to put new rods/pistons in there but I was going to just go with whatever my builder recommends.

Users who are viewing this thread