need some help with a steering/alignment problem...

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I have noticed that my steering wheel will be straight at times and others it will have to be turned to the right to keep the truck straight. I had first thought it was loose suspension pieces and replaced the tie rods and idler arm which made a huge difference in steering response but it still had the off and on steering wheel being straight issue. I sort of learned to live with it and chalked it up to crowns in the road but the other day a buddy of mine from work drove it so I could get his opinion. He told me the truck acted like it steered to the left while accelerating and he had to turn the wheel to the right to keep the truck straight. Sure as hell, if you are coasting, the truck steers straight but you get on the gas and you can feel the truck steer to the left. My question is has anyone had this problem before and what was the remedy? The truck currently has the stock suspension on it with just shy of 90K. I installed the stock suspension back on the truck a while back and I know the u bolts are tight. I see no evidence of the differential shifting and I still continue to have a shaking issue around 45 and 63 mph that I had thought was a pinion angle issue till I checked it and it was fine.

Wondering if anyone has had similar issues or can give some advice on where to start looking for the problem.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread