Need some help with a MAF in a blow thru application

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I will be the first to admit I don't know too much about plumbing a V1 T trim with a FMIC in a 96 Cobra. I want to run a blow through set up, because from what I've read this will provide the best driveability, as well as allow me to vent my Tial BOV to the atmosphere.

My question is this: I have an SCT BA2800 MAF, is this MAF perfectly acceptable to use in an application such as this? Is there a better MAF option that I should consider getting and then sell the SCT 2800 that I have?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
It looks like I'm not the only one who is unsure about this as well :shrug:

I'm running the 2600 so your 2800 should have plenty of range. I strongly suggest you try to mount the MAF under the hood so you can access it as well as rotate it if need be. Ideally you want it to be in the straightest path possible. There is a PMAS tube with a slot MAF in it you can get but if you already have the 2800 you can just plumb it in. So in the tube leading to the throttle body would be best. Get a lightning IAT as it is threaded so you can't blow it out. put the bypass on the first tube leading off of the volute of the supercharger.

If I did mine over, I'd get the PMAS. Matter of fact I might do that after the rebuild..

Last edited:

HandsomeRob

Established Member
i have the same setup you have. I have a PMAS HPX from VMP Tuning. Im getting my custom front mount installed on monday. I would just go get a PMAS

Users who are viewing this thread