Need some help trying to figure out a tire size on my lowered GT500

Native

Established Member
I have AMR 19.10 wheels in the rear. Right now I'm running a 285 Invo's but want to buy a more agressive street/strip tire. And yes, I've owned lots of 600-700+ rwhp cars and have typically run MT ET Streets on all of them. The problem is that my car is lowered 2". What type of tire do you suggest for a 19x10 that's lowered?

Thanks

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Tire sizing is a bitch with these cars. I'm in the same boat, except I have the stock 19's and a set of aftermarket 20x10s. I need to pick a drag radial, and I'm willing to put it on either set, but right now am stuck. My car is 1.5" lowered. What were they thinking picking such oddball sizing. Car should have some with at least a 315mm/11" rim/tire.

builttodrive

Established Member
I have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 295/35-19 for street use on my 19x10's with car lowered and that works excellent at my power level on the street. Not sure how they do on the track though. I'm sure a MT ET streets will rule the track but for the street I'm sticking with the Michelin...lots of grip and great wear!

Naed97

Ive been running 325/30/19 Super Sports on 19x11 forgestars with Eibach Sportline springs on the rear of my 2010. Traction was pretty good, but could be better. They would still break loose in 3rd and I have my rear geometry corrected for the 2" drop. I'm going try the new MT ET Street SS in the the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread