Need some help to install the transmission back on after clutch job

Poisonous West

Established Member
For those that changed the clutch and installed the transmission back on successfully. Can you tell me how?

Me and my friend been trying to install the transmission back on the car for 2 days already but could NOT get it back on. We tried rotated the trans 30, 45, 60, and 90 degrees BOTH clockwise and counterclockwise directions still can NOT get the trans back on – I mean the trans input shaft NOT even close to the center of the clutch.

Mine is a 2011 GT500 with the ARH 1-7/8 header. Me and my friend removed the trans to replace the clutch and flywheel and we had to wiggle the trans in order to get it out.

· The supercharger is OUT of the engine already.

· The intake manifold is also OUT of the engine just to get easy access to the top 2 transmission bolts.

· The engine is tile back already.

· In addition, I have the ½” lower engine mount installed so there should be more room between the engine and the body (trans tunnel).

I search already but it seems everyone posted is asked how to remove the trans but no one post anything regarding to install the trans back on the car.

If anyone knows the trick, please let me know. I really don’t want to remove the header but if that’s the ONLY way to install the trans back.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
For those that changed the clutch and installed the transmission back on successfully. Can you tell me how?

Me and my friend been trying to install the transmission back on the car for 2 days already but could NOT get it back on. We tried rotated the trans 30, 45, 60, and 90 degrees BOTH clockwise and counterclockwise directions still can NOT get the trans back on – I mean the trans input shaft NOT even close to the center of the clutch.

Mine is a 2011 GT500 with the ARH 1-7/8 header. Me and my friend removed the trans to replace the clutch and flywheel and we had to wiggle the trans in order to get it out.

· The supercharger is OUT of the engine already.

· The intake manifold is also OUT of the engine just to get easy access to the top 2 transmission bolts.

· The engine is tile back already.

· In addition, I have the ½” lower engine mount installed so there should be more room between the engine and the body (trans tunnel).

I search already but it seems everyone posted is asked how to remove the trans but no one post anything regarding to install the trans back on the car.

If anyone knows the trick, please let me know. I really don’t want to remove the header but if that’s the ONLY way to install the trans back.
I had some issues reinstalling my trans after a clutch change on my 13 gt. I loosened up the motor mounts so I could tilt the trans down a bit and that helped. I know it's not apples to apples but it may help you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is for a 2013-14, but it should work for you.
Good luck.

Attachments

• 2013-14 GT500 Transmission and Clutch Removal and Installation.pdf
    636.4 KB · Views: 173

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You'll need to lower the K member down as much as you can. That's really the only way you'll be able to get the transmission back in

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you use an input shaft alignment tool to properly locate the clutch discs between the pressure plate?

Poisonous West

Established Member
I did use the clutch alignment tool. The problem is I can NOT even get the transmission high enough to the point the input shaft can slide into the clutch.
Did you use an input shaft alignment tool to properly locate the clutch discs between the pressure plate?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You need to lower the rear of the k-member and keep the front of the k-member up, so the whole engine assembly is tilted rearward. You may try installing longer bolts on the k-member temporarily to get the transmission back in.

Users who are viewing this thread