Need some help from the gurus

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
Hey guys i'm changin my plugs and one plug boot will NOT I repeat will NOT come out no matter what i do or how i try to move it it won't come out... any tips? it's the no.3 on the pass side....first time lightning plug changer so yeah i guess i'm missin somethin...looked in the how to but the link in the plug change stuff is broken. Thanks in advance guys.

Black-Lightning

Struck By Lightning
Established Member
If it is just the boot just grab a set of long nosed needle nose and go to work on it. Do u have the coil out including the spring? If So just rip the boot out. It will have a little suction some more than others i guess yours is just in there good. Rip it out with pliars worse come to worse you rip it then u could just go run up to your local ford dealer and just buy a new boot. Probably only a few dolaars. I whole set online is like 50 or 60 bucks so one cant be bad. Do not buy a whole new coil just the boot if needed that should be all u need.

83 5oh

Established Member
that's kinda what i figured i was gonna end up doing, just wanted to see what ya'll would say. Thanks guys i'll rip it out and buy another...

83 5oh

Established Member
how'd you guys get the coil pak bold off on the driverside underneath what i think is the regulator? it's completely underneath it and i can't get it with a 1/4" swivel.

203Cree

Established Member
Take the fuel rail loose. There's two 8mm bolts holding it in place, one twards the back of the blower and the other you can't miss. Just pull the hardware off and it should give you a little wiggle room.

A wobble extension and a shallow 7mm socket will help as well.

Users who are viewing this thread