Need some help fellas

93VORTECH

Established Member
I've had my 03' Cobra for almost 2 years now and put about 1,800 miles on it without a single problem. Yesterday I went to drive it and the battery was stone cold dead. So I charged the battery over night and just went to start it tonight and it turns over a hundred times, but just won't start. Is there anything that could have been affected because the battery was so dead? Fuel or Spark issues? One thing I've noticed while trying to crank the car over is the THEFT light continuously blinks. So I alarmed and dis-armed the car multiple times to help shake that hopefully? Could I be a PAPS/Security issue and what can I do to bypass this problem? I also don't hear the fuel pump make a single blip like I used to. Just wondering if any of you can help me out or make some suggestions. Thanks alot

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Pull both battery cables, ground them to each other and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then hook them back up.

Is your car tuned? If so, if the above doesn’t work, then try loading the stock tune in the car and see if the fuel pump kicks on and if it will attempt to start. Obviously this is only for testing so then load your tune that was in the car back in the car.

Make sure you have plenty of voltage at the battery also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I would turn the key off and on a couple times to cycle the fuel pumps. Then go to the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and press it to see if any fuel comes out.

If not, then check your fuel cut off switch in the trunk.

If you get fue from the schrader then I'm not sure what it could be.

I for one hate chasing these no start issues. They are a pain in the @$$.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

93VORTECH

Established Member
Could be fuel, my battery was dead to, I put some seafoams and she runs fine now

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I would turn the key off and on a couple times to cycle the fuel pumps. Then go to the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and press it to see if any fuel comes out.

Thanks man....I'll try that

93VORTECH

Established Member
Pull both battery cables, ground them to each other and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then hook them back up.

Is your car tuned? If so, if the above doesn’t work, then try loading the stock tune in the car and see if the fuel pump kicks on and if it will attempt to start. Obviously this is only for testing so then load your time that was in the car back in the car.

Make sure you have plenty of voltage at the battery also.

Thanks....I'll try this

nol300

Established Member
I still run a chip and if I lose power I have to pull the chip and start the car to get the pats to recognize. Battery tender is your friend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

510paesan

Established Member

Check the fuel switch.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
900 miles a year... ridiculous ‍♂️
Drive it more, she’ll be less mad at you.

Sounds like that pats theft prevention has kicked on. Update thread when you figure it out. Sorry I’m of no help.

Oh check the fuel pump fuse?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
How many times does the Theft light flash? The flashes will flash in a pattern (code). This should narrow it down.

R15393

Established Member
Sounds like pats isn't recognizing your chip in the key. If you have a second key, I'd try that. I know alot of us turned the pats off in our tunes just in case this happens. So we aren't getting it towed to dealer for a reflash.

510paesan

Established Member
900 miles a year... ridiculous ‍♂️
Drive it more, she’ll be less mad at you.

Sounds like that pats theft prevention has kicked on. Update thread when you figure it out. Sorry I’m of no help.

Oh check the fuel pump fuse?

Ah I forgot about this. I recall ford having no start issues with their PATs system

93VORTECH

Established Member
Update: After charging battery 100%, leaving the battery tender on for 2-days, checking all the fuses, checking inertia fuel shut off in the trunk, etc. nothing worked. I finally just simply removed the Negative Cable from the battery for 1-min and then I re-connected it. Hit the key and she started right up!! So that ended up being a very easy fix to my problem thank god. Hopefully anyone else with this problem can learn something here. Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread